By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do The Nintendo Higher-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Do The Nintendo Higer-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Yes!! 216 59.67%

No!! 65 17.96%

Reggie is love, Reggie is life!! 35 9.67%

See Results :-) 46 12.71%

Total:362

i agree with them.

Around the Network

A little bit but then again, all executives act like that when they do something wrong or are losing.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

They do. These articles I've been reading have shown that.

alternine said:
Cream147 said:

But what Mr Miyamoto said was absolutely right. You can't tell most modern games from one another. Does telling the truth make you a sore loser?

Reggie on the other hand is just a spin doctor. Nintendo could lose a trillion dollars and he would say "We're disappointed by the results of course, but the future is looking very optimistic now with some strong holiday releases such as Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Metroid Prime: Federation Force coming up."

Edit: (And what Reggie said was right, but it's not like Nintendo haven't done that in the past either)

Your first paragraph is most definitely not the truth. Its just a matter of opinion.

No, it's objectively true, or at least leaning that way. Think. As graphics become more and more realistic it is a matter of fact that they become more and more homogenised, because they are striving towards one reality. I say we're already at the stage where I certainly can't tell CoD from Battlefield graphically for example.

reggie was a bit mean when he gave sony a jab. sony did well sure they only won e3 because they showed to gaes that will come out someday but nintendo could have talked to sega and SE too.

miyamoto on the other hand is right. but he could have made a better argument if he used positive eamples for good designed games from 3rd partys.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

In my opinion quotes like this:

"We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years." -Reggie 2015

and this

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the team decided to focus on the gameplay and a purposeful visual style. Miyamoto feels that, these days, the realistic look of games causes them to “all look the same”.-Shigeru Miyamoto 2015

sure make them seem as if they're not happy at how their console is currently doing and want to downplay their competitors as much as possible.

Out of context it may seem so, but he was responding to why Nintendo decided to show what they showed at E3, and in this case it was very accurate actually. They showed games at this E3 that should be out in 6 to 8 months, and  the second quote is Miyamoto's opinion on the games he creates... How is this a bad thing again?... 

Sounds like a executive feeling the pressure. Its no different when Mattrick was raked over the coals over the X1. Even Nelson blew a fuse. Compared to that Reggie is a media genius.

No, If you were gaming back in the 80s and 90s its completely understandable. Its the kids today that have no idea what they mean. Id rather listen to them talk then Sony vs MS talk about system sales and 1080p. I grew up with Nintendo and either though I don't game on Nintendo platforms anymore, I understand them and its clear that this industry isn't about quality games or fun anymore. Its become a sport where Exclusives mean goals and Graphics mean quality and Sales means memberships.

They're fucking losers, but they aren't that sore.

I'm now filled with determination.

No. Taking these quotes out of context is a ridiculous way of judging them.

Reggie's comment on announcing a game five or six years away was him explaining why there's no Samus-driven Metroid game, and why the Wii U titles at E3 are all near-term releases.

As for Miyamoto, the graphics in Starfox Zero are partially held back by the fact the gamepad is rendering a seperate view at all times, but, the aesthetic is obviously targeting something similar to Starfox 64 and the SNES original: clean, simple colours, bold geometric ships. It looks retro, and Miyamoto's right that increasing numbers of big-budget modern videogames have a similar look. It's true of any big-budget industry that the blockbuster products will try and plow the same furrow.