By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do The Nintendo Higher-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Do The Nintendo Higer-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Yes!! 216 59.67%

No!! 65 17.96%

Reggie is love, Reggie is life!! 35 9.67%

See Results :-) 46 12.71%

Total:362

I feel really bad for the loyal Nintendo fans.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
I feel really bad for the loyal Nintendo fans.

Why? I can`t speak for all the fans, as a fan myself, I am feeling fine and dandy with them. Yeah, they say and do some questionable and outright terrible things, but I`m enjoying their systems and games just fine : ) Also, no need to feel bad.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

He's right.

How long will it take for Shenmue III and FF VII remake to be released? What about FF XV or The Last Guardian?

Nintendo made that mistake once, during their January direct in 2013. I guess they were in panick mode due to bad sales.

Well, i'm sure the press is taking full advantage of quotes without context.

No, i dont think they are, but i do think people are upset at them with good reason. This is not the Nintendo we saw last year, and that is a shame.

alternine said:
Cream147 said:

But what Mr Miyamoto said was absolutely right. You can't tell most modern games from one another. Does telling the truth make you a sore loser?

Reggie on the other hand is just a spin doctor. Nintendo could lose a trillion dollars and he would say "We're disappointed by the results of course, but the future is looking very optimistic now with some strong holiday releases such as Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Metroid Prime: Federation Force coming up."

Edit: (And what Reggie said was right, but it's not like Nintendo haven't done that in the past either)

Your first paragraph is most definitely not the truth. Its just a matter of opinion.

well no it doesn't even really qualify as opinion either unless you're blind

Around the Network
Rafie said:
Reggie is the only one that sounds that way to me. At least Iwata tried to apologize until Reggie came in doing damage control in the worst way. I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like Reggie as the president of Nintendo of America. Someone who understands what we want in our games should be placed there.

Reggie doesn't have any control though. It won't matter WHO takes his place. Nintendo's problem in the US is that they don't allow the US branch any power to make important decisions. Everything is decided in Japan where they don't have a clue as to what the US consumer wants.

Back when Sega beat Nintendo in the US, during the Genesis era, Sega allowed the US branch to have total control. This is why you saw all of those awesome commercials and games that were made for the US consumer.

If Nintendo would allow for something like that, we'd all stop getting Metroid Soccer and get Metroid Prime instead. 

Miyamoto is fine and valid.

Reggie is being a bitter. Even I cringed at his tirade last week

KLAMarine said:
midrange said:
KLAMarine said:
Mr.Playstation said:

In my opinion quotes like this:

"We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years." -Reggie 2015

and this

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the team decided to focus on the gameplay and a purposeful visual style. Miyamoto feels that, these days, the realistic look of games causes them to “all look the same”.-Shigeru Miyamoto 2015

sure make them seem as if they're not happy at how their console is currently doing and want to downplay their competitors as much as possible.

No because neither of these quotes make any reference to sales.

Sales have nothing to do with it, it is more that people are happier with the future plans of other companies. The wii u could be beasting in sales, but that wouldn't change how Nintendo lost E3 with atrocious announcements

The link provided (https://fortune.com/2015/06/23/shigeru-miyamoto-wii-u/) certainly does make reference to sales though.

The link is not working. What I can say though is that Nintendo is losing in more than just sales. After all, they never received this backlash last year, even though they were losing in sales then.

At the end of the day these guys have to sell their products.

In their executive meetings they are probably shitting all over the Wii U, but that is a product that is still being sold and has games coming out for it for at least one more year, so damage control is, in reality, the only thing they can do.

Saying stuff like "Our Wii U is a big failure, and we are planning to release the NX next year" will decrease even more the sales of the Wii U.

I'm not trying to defend them, but people need to understand that Nintendo is a business (mostly talking about Reggie and Iwata here), and they have to do whatever it takes to make their product don't look as bad as it is.

A better solution would simple be not say anything on the matter, keep interviews as low as possible and when you have to do them, think very carefully what you are going to say.

Nintendo and PC gamer

midrange said:
KLAMarine said:
midrange said:
KLAMarine said:
Mr.Playstation said:

In my opinion quotes like this:

"We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years." -Reggie 2015

and this

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the team decided to focus on the gameplay and a purposeful visual style. Miyamoto feels that, these days, the realistic look of games causes them to “all look the same”.-Shigeru Miyamoto 2015

sure make them seem as if they're not happy at how their console is currently doing and want to downplay their competitors as much as possible.

No because neither of these quotes make any reference to sales.

Sales have nothing to do with it, it is more that people are happier with the future plans of other companies. The wii u could be beasting in sales, but that wouldn't change how Nintendo lost E3 with atrocious announcements

The link provided (https://fortune.com/2015/06/23/shigeru-miyamoto-wii-u/) certainly does make reference to sales though.

The link is not working. What I can say though is that Nintendo is losing in more than just sales. After all, they never received this backlash last year, even though they were losing in sales then.

Strange that it doesn't work: try clicking the link provided in Mr. Playstation's post.