By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do The Nintendo Higher-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Do The Nintendo Higer-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Yes!! 216 59.67%

No!! 65 17.96%

Reggie is love, Reggie is life!! 35 9.67%

See Results :-) 46 12.71%

Total:362
GameMasterPC said:
Pavolink said:

Wow, I though the graphical difference was big, but that much! MP2 is truly an impressive game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
midrange said:
bigtakilla said:

True, but I think the ground work is laid and looks fine. They just need to really add more effects, and place some more enemies on the field so it doesn't feel barren. 

A $60 price tag would depend on a LOT of factors, graphics would be so far down that list it would be practically insignificant. Online modes, campaign completion time, these far outweigh what it looks like in development. 

If the engine is as I assume complete, there won't be much improvement in visuals that don't detract from gameplay. So they only thing they can do is try to add effects like particles or enemies like you suggest, but that even that would put more work onto the cpu, which I assume they are maxing out.

graphics I argue are not that far down the list, but even if they were, starfox really isn't known for long campaign times (first one could have been completed in an hour), there won't be online multiplayer (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-star-fox-zero-has-no-online-multiplayer-mode), and given the gamepad interaction, I don't think their local multiplayer is looking good. I am still highly doubtful that this game merits $40 much less $60

Really, that's all I expect. I think textures might improve, I think they will put more enemies, and I think they will add effects. If you expect them to put the same budget in a Star Fox game as they do a LoZ, I can understand why you'd be disappointed. I knew they weren't, it's a game that will be lucky to outsell Splatoon. 

Pavolink said:
GameMasterPC said:
Pavolink said:

Wow, I though the graphical difference was big, but that much! MP2 is truly an impressive game.

The screenshot you took is a clear bullshot. Prime 2 looks nowhere near that good.

GameMasterPC said:
Pavolink said:
GameMasterPC said:
Pavolink said:

The screenshot you took is a clear bullshot. Prime 2 looks nowhere near that good.

It does, the game in fact looks much better on your tv screen than images on the internet would suggest. I was surprised when I played it this year for the first time in years.

GC was one of Nintendo's best generations in terms of games tbh.

And that Statue of Rhodos boss you posted was quite clearly from the PS3 remaster. :p 

They sound like Sony execs from around 2006. Only thing is Sony discovered humility after launch while Nintendo execs still sound arrogant even when they're reaching Wii U end of life.

Around the Network

They sound like video game executives to me. They always (well, maybe not Phil Spencer--he's cool) make little jabs at each other no matter how well they are doing. For instance see Sony E3 2013.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.