By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

SR388 said:
PC is the best, and will always be the best for high end graphics. The PS4 and Xbone One struggle to remain graphically relevant because PC gaming is becoming cheaper and easier for console gamers to enter.

Nintendo has been around the longest, I doubt they will simply fade away because of their refusal to copy Sony's business strategy.

Sony could easily bring out a more powerfull PS4K if so many would jump ship over resolution and higher framerate or with their next console.

PC has no relevant AAA ecclusive and the graphics we have seen from U4 and Horizon looks better than any PC game tough PS4 exclusive allready have better visuals than multiplats on pc or ps4

Around the Network

Yeah, we could tell.

That sounds kind of like a kid on the playground who just got his arse beat shouting "I let you win! *sob* I let you win!"
Nah, I get what he's saying though. Nintendo's fan base is one they would never lose just because their graphics hardware isn't up to par. Everyone's got a limit of course, but the Wii U's power is plenty for the kind of cartoony games on which that console lives or dies.
I mean Splatoon looked great.

For you see, I'm a kid now.

But the thing is - yeah? - The thing is, I'm also a squid now.

Nintendo doesn't care about third parties, and rightfully so. Third parties won't sell on their console no matter how powerful it is. This is the best route for Nintendo to take. Although I don't think the NX will sell that well.

I don't see why people would expect it to not match or exceed the PS4. Wii is more powerful than Xbox, and Wii U is more power than the PS3.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

BUt they did show willingness to sacrifice an affordable price point.

Let's be honest, at $300 USD, Wii U is overpriced.

Overpriced doesn't mean unaffardably priced, lest we forget how the Wii was like $100 overpriced when it launched. I never said it was priced in accordance to it's worth, I said it was priced affordably. Even at $350, the Wii U was an affordable system.

Affordable is relative. The $599 launch PS3 was affordable to those who really wanted it and were willing to drop the cash.

No prior Nintendo console had ever been as expensive as Wii U.

If Nintendo insist on going with low end hardware, then they cannot sell it at more than $250. $200 would be ideal.

Not really surprising.. it's been pretty obvious with the Wii U, 3DS and Wii

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I understand this decision and agree with it. Nintendo cannot compete with graphical war race, sorry disillusioned Nintendo fans or people pretending they care about Nintendo, but Nintendo learned that lesson with the Gamecube. Hopefully they learned more with the Wii U, and don't attach an expensive piece of side thing. Honestly I would be surprised if it even comes close to matching PS4. 

Nintendo has always been like this. Shame really

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Nintendo has always been like this. Shame really

Wrong. SNES, N64, Gamecube, all high end hardware for their time.