By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

Out of curiosity, how are you planning to gauge that? It's pretty subjective.

Around the Network

If Nintendo has a decent specced system with a similar architecture to PS4/X1, the extremely low cost of porting over to said hardware would outweigh all abysmal sales on the system.

Thanks jlmurph!

curl-6 said:

They were fine with sacrificing an affordable price point for the Gamepad with Wii U.

The gamepad isn't power.

There's a higherarchy.

Plus, I'm 100% sure the NX iteration of the gamepad will by much cheaper to manufacture. Smaller, and using much less plastic.

padib said:
BreedinBull said:
Aaaaaaand NX just guaranteed to have less 3rd party support than the Wii U.

Even with parity, 3rd parties will not dev for Nintendo's consoles. The market just is not there.

For that to happen, Nintendo would have to prep the market for 3rd parties. Parity doesn't fix that.

Having said that, parity guarantees that people at least feel like they are getting a quality product, and Nintendo can leverage graphical performance to increase the appeal of their games!

If they use a standard archictecture and decent specs next time around, then the porting costs for 3rd parties would be a lot less than with the WiiU - PS4/Xbone, so 3rd parties could port games and make money even with low sales, and with more games => more people buy the games each time = > more 3rd party incentives.

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

They were fine with sacrificing an affordable price point for the Gamepad with Wii U.

The gamepad isn't power.

There's a higherarchy.

Plus, I'm 100% sure the NX iteration of the gamepad will by much cheaper to manufacture. Smaller, and using much less plastic.

BUt they did show willingness to sacrifice an affordable price point.

Let's be honest, at $300 USD, Wii U is overpriced.

Around the Network

Nintendo will always have the weaker console now, their games dont need that much more performance since they reached gamecube level. For them its easier to add a gimick to their weaker consoler and sell it at a profit.

Lol, nothing unexpected. I have my doubts that their next system will match the specs of the PS4... which would be a total shame for a 9th system... even worse than Wii U.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PC is the best, and will always be the best for high end graphics. The PS4 and Xbone One struggle to remain graphically relevant because PC gaming is becoming cheaper and easier for console gamers to enter.

Nintendo has been around the longest, I doubt they will simply fade away because of their refusal to copy Sony's business strategy.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

curl-6 said:

BUt they did show willingness to sacrifice an affordable price point.

Let's be honest, at $300 USD, Wii U is overpriced.

Overpriced doesn't mean unaffardably priced, lest we forget how the Wii was like $100 overpriced when it launched. I never said it was priced in accordance to it's worth, I said it was priced affordably. Even at $350, the Wii U was an affordable system.

it's time miyamoto join the pc master race.