By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

archer9234 said:

I care what I see now. Not what could happen in the future. And I will only belive it when I see it. Because how many years have Nintendo blunder their stuff.

Lol than why even quote me in the first place? If I'm talking to another user about Nintendo's strategy going forward than why would u join the conversation if u only care about what's going on here and now?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
archer9234 said:

I care what I see now. Not what could happen in the future. And I will only belive it when I see it. Because how many years have Nintendo blunder their stuff. You think I'm gonna happily embarce the NX. With open arms. When Nintendo has pissed me off with decisions so far. Their plan BETTER work. Or I simply ignore the next system.

This is kind of a silly statement to make, as we can only speculate on any and everything about the NX.

Your specuating that the NX will fix everything and work out good. I'm saying Nintendo can still mess up with it. There really is no difference in the sides.

zorg1000 said:
archer9234 said:

I care what I see now. Not what could happen in the future. And I will only belive it when I see it. Because how many years have Nintendo blunder their stuff.

Lol than why even quote me in the first place? If I'm talking to another user about Nintendo's strategy going forward than why would u join the conversation if u only care about what's going on here and now?

What I meant was this: Whatever Nintendo does in the future is not important now. I'm upset at the current situation. I don't really want to hear the bright side of what can come. And I mostly comenting on the qoute. It's still showing Nintendo is stupid in a lot of their thoughts.

archer9234 said:
bigtakilla said:

This is kind of a silly statement to make, as we can only speculate on any and everything about the NX.

Your specuating that the NX will fix everything and work out good. I'm saying Nintendo can still mess up with it. There really is no difference in the sides.

But you're saying you only care about what you see now. The Wii to the Wii U had two completely different focus'. If you based what the Wii U would be based off the Wii, you would be completely wrong.

Or how about the Gamecube to the Wii. Still completely different approaches to hardware. 

I'm basically asking why are you going to base what NX will be looking at any of the gens prior? It doesn't make sense.

bigtakilla said:
archer9234 said:
bigtakilla said:

But you're saying you only care about what you see now. The Wii to the Wii U had two completely different focus'. If you based what the Wii U would be based off the Wii, you would be completely wrong.

Or how about the Gamecube to the Wii. Still completely different approaches to hardware. 

I'm basically asking why are you going to base what NX will be looking at any of the gens prior? It doesn't make sense.

I'm basing it on Nintendo's past mistakes. Not really the hardware. Those choices can still do the same problems we face now. Weather the handheld being a optional hardware choice or not. You goof up, you goof up. People can continue to hate NIntendo over their bad online features, for example. That's a software choice. Not a hardware one. Or if it still comes with flash memory. Over a HDD.

Around the Network
Talal said:
If it ends up having PS4 level specs then it'll likely need to cost 400$ for it to turn a decent profit. Nintendo won't and shouldn't do that. I know that a lot of "hardcore" Nintendo fans want a powerful system, but let's face it, you only account for 5 million sales or so. A cheap system with a steady stream of games is what they need.

did you just have a stroke or something? try making sense with your words.

zorg1000 said:
archer9234 said:
zorg1000 said:
archer9234 said:

Then Nintendo needs to come out and say that. They have to say we are no longer going to make 3rd parties a priorty. And will take full responablity for 5 years ourselves. That means they have to ramp up poroduction, and release games to ALL franchise. To fill in all time periods.

Over half of the games I listed were 3rd party so they would still be a priority, it just wouldn't be the same 3rd party games that drive PS/XB sales. I also don't think Nintendo can make it any more perfectly clear that they are not interested in fighting for those games, "were not interested in high end specs" pretty much declares "we don't care about AAA multiplats".

But they also don't seem to care to release their own games at a proper pace. To compensate for this decision.

Yes they do, the problem currently is that the output is divided up between 2 separate platforms. What I and the poster I replied to are talking about is a fully unified ecosystem where the handheld and console share a software library. Here are the Nintendo-published titles in North America for 2013-2015.

2013-Fire Emblem: Awakening, Brain Age: Concentration Training, Tokyo Crash Mobs, Lego City Undercover, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Harmoknight, Lego City Undercover: Chase Begins, Kersploosh, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, Game & Wario, New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Wonderful 101, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, Pokémon X/Y, Super Mario 3D World, Wii Fit U, Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Mario Party: Island Tour, NES Remix, Dr. Luigi

2014-Bravely Default, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, Pokemon Battle Trozei, Mario Golf: World Tour, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, NES Remix 2, Mario Kart 8, Tomodachi Life, Wii Sports Club, Pushmo World, Professor Layton vs. Pheonix Wright, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Pokemon Art Academy, Fantasy Life, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

2015-Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Pokémon Shuffle, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, Codename S.T.E.A.M., Fossil Fighters: Frontier, Mario Party 10, Boxboy, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Pokémon Rumble World, Stretchmo, Puzzles & Dragons Z+Super Mario Edition, Splatoon, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure, Art Academy: Home Studio, Little Battlers Experience, Devil's Third, Super Mario Maker, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Yokai Watch, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero

The problem I see with those release lists is a lot of those games are not going to play so well on the console side. People were complaining a lot about Wii U releases, but things like Kirby's Rainbow Curse which feels like a portable game transplanted to console didn't do a whole lot to dissuade that. 

Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes they do, the problem currently is that the output is divided up between 2 separate platforms. What I and the poster I replied to are talking about is a fully unified ecosystem where the handheld and console share a software library. Here are the Nintendo-published titles in North America for 2013-2015.

2013-Fire Emblem: Awakening, Brain Age: Concentration Training, Tokyo Crash Mobs, Lego City Undercover, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Harmoknight, Lego City Undercover: Chase Begins, Kersploosh, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, Game & Wario, New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Wonderful 101, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, Pokémon X/Y, Super Mario 3D World, Wii Fit U, Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Mario Party: Island Tour, NES Remix, Dr. Luigi

2014-Bravely Default, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, Pokemon Battle Trozei, Mario Golf: World Tour, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, NES Remix 2, Mario Kart 8, Tomodachi Life, Wii Sports Club, Pushmo World, Professor Layton vs. Pheonix Wright, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Pokemon Art Academy, Fantasy Life, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

2015-Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Pokémon Shuffle, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, Codename S.T.E.A.M., Fossil Fighters: Frontier, Mario Party 10, Boxboy, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Pokémon Rumble World, Stretchmo, Puzzles & Dragons Z+Super Mario Edition, Splatoon, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure, Art Academy: Home Studio, Little Battlers Experience, Devil's Third, Super Mario Maker, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Yokai Watch, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero

The problem I see with those release lists is a lot of those games are not going to play so well on the console side. People were complaining a lot about Wii U releases, but things like Kirby's Rainbow Curse which feels like a portable game transplanted to console didn't do a whole lot to dissuade that. 

And many of the handheld games would play fine on consoles, games like Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Triforce Heroes, Codename S.T.E.A.M. all the ports of previous gen console games, among others.

The main issue people had with Rainbow Curse was not really being able to look at the TV because u constantly had to draw on the Gamepad, such an issue is fixed if they use a better controller like the Wii Remote which would have worked very well with a game like this.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

archer9234 said:
zorg1000 said:
archer9234 said:

What I meant was this: Whatever Nintendo does in the future is not important now. I'm upset at the current situation. I don't really want to hear the bright side of what can come. And I mostly comenting on the qoute. It's still showing Nintendo is stupid in a lot of their thoughts.

No, our conversation went like this

Me: list of 3DS/Wii U games released this year to show what a typical year could look like with a unified appproach.

You: but they won't have 3rd parties

Me: over half of the games I listed are by 3rd parties

You: but they don't care to release their own games in a timely manner

Me: list of Nintendo-published titles for 2013-2015, each year averaged about 25 published titles

You: but they are divided among 2 different platforms

Me: that's why I said a unified strategy

You: I only care about right now