By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

"...sometimes we look at it just from the sense of offering a system that consumes less power and makes less noise and generates less heat..."

And offers less games :)

Around the Network
spemanig said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I don't think it was the casuals who came to forums to talk about how graphics don't matter.

That rhetoric never left. Graphics don't matter. Gameplay does. Talking about how the NX needs high specs only referenced 3rd party support, not game quality, which is what that rhetoric addresses.

Well I addressed that in a post I made before the one you quoted from me:

AbbathTheGrim said:

Matching the current consoles would be helpful for Nintendo in gaining some third party ports, unless the lack of 3rd party games goes deeper with other issues, which may be the case. There is the "how easy is to develop for NX" thing to consider as well.

If the issue is releasing an underpowered console for next generation by Nintendo (becoming soon obsolete once Micro and Sony release their next consoles) I'd say this problem Nintendo may face will be more due to their own choice of releasing too early instead of waiting a while longer when hardware will be cheaper and able to reduce cost for a more powerful console.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Wii U Hardware is still pretty expensive. Software isn't. With the exception of Wind Waker and Mario Kart 8, I hardy paid more than 39,99 - 45,99 Euros for a Wii U Game. Sonys digital pricing is in Germany 59,99 - 69,99 Euro for an AAA Game. In stores or Amazon, you will get Playstation 4 Games cheaper, but it's not like you safe 20 Bucks or something for a new Game.

Topic: Reading Miyamotos words made me kinda nervous. Regies quotes the past few days annoyed me (because he is acting like a puppet shown in the Digital Event Video, someone is controlling him, and he didn't realized, as the President of Nintendo of America, he is more like a mascot compared to a businessman), but Miyamotos quotes really made my concerns about Nintendos future even worse. This is rare for me to speak that pessimistic of Nintendo (Fangirl since the early 90s).

What we don't need is another stupid Gimmick. I think we don't ask for too much from Nintendo. Give us a simple Controller with a Battery-Power that lasts longer than 2 hours, give your next Console a Power-Boost and don't forget to get rid of the Lockout. And yes, please give us a proper Network-Service. But reading Miyamotos quotes, they may invent another Gimmick-Console. That won't work again. I know it was Iwatas decision to make the Wii or the Wii U less powerfull because of the size. Are they actually talking about to go with less power for less noise and a smaller Design? Hell, the Wii U is still pretty noisy for such a tiny Console.

Be aware: English is not my native language. The Internetz is the only place I'm partly speaking this smooth language. And because my Signature is so boring, feel free to insert a lame Boob-Joke here: [Insert lame Boob-Joke here]

Warning: Nintendo and Übel Blatt Fangirl alert

You don't need an arms race or to compete to out spec the PS4 in this day and age at a 300$ price point for your console equivalent. That's some Grade-A weak-ass hardware, the WiiU without the tablet is already a <150$ piece of hardware that can already do respectable graphics/visuals and that is built on 2010 hardware prescription and R&D. We've seen from Iwata that they are considering/planning different forms of their NX hardware for different markets, in Japan the NX should be a handheld with low power draw. In the States the NX should be doing the console form (with X1/PS4 level tiered hardware, which at this point won't be hard to fit under a 300$ envelope) as well as a handheld.

The point he's trying to make here, more than anything, is that they aren't going to directly try and keep matching or one-upping Microsoft or Sony since, in theory, that's hardly even possible given the status of the multi-billion dollar corporations vs. Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft can subsidize super-hardware if push came to shove, Nintendo really can't.

They also have no need to actually pace or compete with the competition in the arms race if they offer a cheaper alternative with respectable power, good software, and features other do not provide (like the mobile tie-ins which fishes for the far larger market than the contracting console, core demographic).

Which is why most gamers are uninterested in Nintendo.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Mustn't forget one of Nintendo's biggest philosophies. They think of games as toys, and want to design "toys" that people will want to play with again and again. So the big story-driven epics from third party developers probably don't interest them that much, as once people have finished them they move on to the next thing. So I doubt making a powerful console to attract third parties is high on their agenda.

Well then don't bother with a console then.....
Nintendo needs new leaders.

Nintendo NeXt time around, will not make a $100 gimmick lol that much we can have confidence in.

If Nintendo has "learned its lesson" in any way this gen, its launching $50 too expensive for both HH and HC. $299 deluxe home con. and $199 HH are the sweet spots for Ninty, so it would be WISE of them to BUDGET their hook or "gimmick" tech, so too much isn't hacked off of the overall specs budget.

It all really depends on what inspires Ninty for NX. Maybe they look at Ratchet and clank, and have big pixar-ish ambitions for the next 3D Mario and Zelda. I don't think PS4 level specs it out of the question in 2017, Where I believe Nintendo will make a big jump, is the HH. It will definitely, at the very minimum, equal the Wii U specs (and this is b.c i believe NX will receive Zelda U/NX cross gen release.)

He should be interested in releasing more quality games per console or else they will lose fans and in turn lose profit..

FIXING GAME DROUGHTS IN WHAT THEY SHOULD FOCUS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
 they will reach a point someday that even the most hardore fans will not care about it anymore.

They reached that point for me this year.

As a Nintendo fan since 1994, I will not be buying any of their future systems.