By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legend of Zelda vs Final Fantasy, wich is the better franchise?

Legend Of Zelda vs Final Fantasy what series is better?

Legend Of Zelda 561 67.03%

Final Fantasy 276 32.97%

Total:837

I would rank about 10 or so Final Fantasy games before considering a Zelda title, so this is quite easy for me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy for me. There are some duds out there, but FF seems more serious in story.

When people say Zelda is more consistent, what they mean is that it is more of the same. And you have to ask yourself - how can a game with combat mechanics from the pre-2000 get good scores when games like Demon's Souls exist? Just look at the combat in Skyward Sword for instance and that game came out in 2011.

And music-wise, so many memorable FF ones while LoZ has one in my opinion - Song of Storm which was copied from a better, existing song.

Lawlight said:
When people say Zelda is more consistent, what they mean is that it is more of the same. And you have to ask yourself - how can a game with combat mechanics from the pre-2000 get good scores when games like Demon's Souls exist? Just look at the combat in Skyward Sword for instance and that game came out in 2011.

And music-wise, so many memorable FF ones while LoZ has one in my opinion - Song of Storm which was copied from a better, existing song.

Demons souls is not that good, imo. Very overrated. There's the answer to your question - Because not everyone likes those games and it's far from an objective situation.

and I'd rather take a game from pre 2000's than take anything of what the FF series has been spouting out since 8 and onward. People act like only 13 was the downfall of the series, when it happened much, much earlier.

Roar_Of_War said:
Lawlight said:

Demons souls is not that good, imo. Very overrated. There's the answer to your question - Because not everyone likes those games and it's far from a black and white situation.

and I'd rather take a game from pre 2000's than take anything of what the FF series has been spouting out since 8 and onward. People act like only 13 was the downfall of the series, when it happened much, much earlier.

Demon's Souls is highly rated for a very good reason. This is a game that came in with no legacy and no hype and look at how big this whole genre is now. FF13 was 1 misstep. A Real Reborn is great by all accounts and based on the previews FFXV will be too.

Around the Network

Personally, I'd GLADLY take Fi over Navi. But that's my take on it.

easy one , Zelda

I would chose zelda over final fantasy, easily.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

torok said:
I think this comparison is a bit random. We should do Street Fighter vs Mario next, followed by Gran Turismo vs. Ace Combat.

Gran Turismo Vs Ace Combat is actually a good comparison. Which is the better vehicle simulator?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Final Fantasy for me.