By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legend of Zelda vs Final Fantasy, wich is the better franchise?

Legend Of Zelda vs Final Fantasy what series is better?

Legend Of Zelda 561 67.03%

Final Fantasy 276 32.97%

Total:837
JRPGfan said:

I love zelda... but for me its Final Fantasy.
I also know alot of users here are nintendo fans so its probably going to end up dominating the pole.

You were right!

66% against 33%

I guess people still has common sense.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Zelda, and even by a large margin.
Honestly, i don't even think that Final Fantasy is the best of the genre... imo Pokémon > Final Fantasy.

After that, Final Fantasy is of course one of the best series ever, that's for sure.

I think Xeno has even been better as an overall better franchise (dispite Gears being rushed in the second half, and Saga having a six part story told in three parts). I can't say any of the Xeno series has been bad.

Pavolink said:
Lawlight said:
Skullwaker said:

Zelda has all of those things with each release also...

Zelda will still have the same 3 main characters - Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. The game will still be sword based where you lock on target. You'll be riding your horse around the world. You'll know how it'll be.

I loved riding my horse on The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

I personally prefered riding Epona in the original Legend Of Zelda, The Adventures Of Link, and A Link To The Past.

(And remember, the LoZ only has 8 main entries.)

bigtakilla said:

I personally prefered riding Epona in the original Legend Of Zelda, The Adventures Of Link, and A Link To The Past.

In Link's Awakening they did a cute sprite.

Lawlight said:
I remember liking Ocarina of Time but the combat was pretty bad. The SNES Zelda games are unplayable to me now, unlike the SNES FF games.

Hey you guys, leave Lawlight alone, he has played all the SNES Zelda games.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Zelda has a better track record for games. But when a FF game is amazing, it blows any Zelda game out of the water. The only thing Zelda truly has above it is puzzles, which I detest. But in terms of music, gameplay, settings, story, characters, etc. FF will always win

Chandler said:
Lawlight said:
I remember liking Ocarina of Time but the combat was pretty bad. The SNES Zelda games are unplayable to me now, unlike the SNES FF games.

Hey you guys, leave Lawlight alone, he has played all the SNES Zelda games.

Lawlight has a commitent to always make lawl comments.

StarOcean said:
Zelda has a better track record for games. But when a FF game is amazing, it blows any Zelda game out of the water. The only thing Zelda truly has above it is puzzles, which I detest. But in terms of music, gameplay, settings, story, characters, etc. FF will always win

If you honestly think XIII has better music, gameplay, setting, story, and characters than LoZ, we will just have to disagree. 

I mean, even with most of the others we would disagree, but XIII.... C'mon.

bigtakilla said:
StarOcean said:

If you honestly think XIII has better music, gameplay, setting, story, and characters than LoZ, we will just have to disagree. 

I mean, even with most of the others we would disagree, but XIII.... C'mon.

Maybe I didn't make it clear. I'm referring to when it's a good FF. But 13 had amazing music and the setting was good. Other aspects lacked, however.

For me, it has to be Zelda. Even though some of the FF games are awesome, Zelda is just consistently better in most aspects.