By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates to have two versions in the West as well

That's unfortunate, but not surprising. I don't think it's as bad as some people are making out in this thread but it should be one game two branches (Sacred Stones says hi). Hoping the titles are more budget though to make up for this.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

They were emphasizing during the Treehouse stream that each side is a completely full and different game, with different maps and characters and the works, so I suspected they were gearing up for this.

I also don't see why it's a problem. 2 games for $55. Sure, thanks.

I'm glad because it's not like Pokemon. Two versions in Fire Emblem = Two entirely different stories. So I am fine with it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

the_dengle said:
They were emphasizing during the Treehouse stream that each side is a completely full and different game, with different maps and characters and the works, so I suspected they were gearing up for this.

I also don't see why it's a problem. 2 games for $55. Sure, thanks.

If that's the case then I'm all for it. 2 games for $55 (?) beats 1 game for $40.

Sure, getting 2 games for the price of 1 would be ideal but that could put the next entry in a tough situation. If FEF is released as a single game then what happens when the next FE game is announced and you "only" get as much content as you got in Awakening? Nintendo is going with the better option as far as I'm concerned, and as long as they're informative enough I don't see them running into any significant issues with this strategy.

Not looking good, but I'll curb my pessimism and wait for more details. If Nintendo tries to make two half games at full price each, then I'll just wait for each half to drop their prices by 50 percent. However, if each half is loaded with a full game's worth of content, then that's a different story.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Not looking good, but I'll curb my pessimism and wait for more details. If Nintendo tries to make two half games at full price each, then I'll just wait for each half to drop their prices by 50 percent. However, if each half is loaded with a full game's worth of content, then that's a different story.

Um Light seems to be the loaded with full content like awakening, with Dark seems to be like old school fire emblem with straight foward path.

Still gonna buy, probably just one version

Acevil said:
burninmylight said:

Um Light seems to be the loaded with full content like awakening, with Dark seems to be like old school fire emblem with straight foward path.

Yeah, Dark is harder than Light, isn't it ? I really hope so, don't want to play Awakening again. Took me one year to finish it because I was bored and stopped playing it for months several times, even if I bought the game Day 1 with the limited version 3DS :( .

(or even 2 years ? I finished it a few weeks ago... When did it released ?)

Ugh.... I'll take two...

forest-spirit said:

Depends. From what I understand FEF has more in common with Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages, which means you get two full games. Unless I'm misinformed that would be many times better than Pokémon.

That's actually what crossed my mind too, since the stories themselves seem to follow different characters and different nations. If the stories mostly overlapped, with only a few unique chapters here and there, then sure, I'd be annoyed. But completely seperate games? Bring em on! I'll take two games over one anyday.

Thinking on it now though, I'm curious how the Zelda Oracle games would be received if they came out today. Maybe we'd be getting the same complaints anyway. *strokes chin thoughtfully*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334