By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates to have two versions in the West as well

Didn't see a thread anywhere. Unsurprising, but unfortunate.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/246351/NINTENDO_TRANSFORMS_ICONIC_FRANCHISES_TO_GIVE_PLAYERS_UNIQUEGAMING_EXPERIENCES.php

• Fire Emblem Fates: Two versions of the franchise’s new installment offer players an unprecedented choice: fight an opposing force or join the other side and try to make changes from within. For the first time in the series, players take on the role of the main character and command an army, while struggling to decide which path to follow: helping blood relatives or the family that raised him or her. The game is scheduled to launch in 2016.

Around the Network

*sigh*

I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case...

I'm still gonna get this game, but I'm still not a fan of the way they're releasing this game AT ALL.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

This is really dumb. Fire Emblem, until Awakening, was not a very popular IP on the west. Why would you discourage people into buying two versions? In Pokemon it works because the game is based on trading and battling with other people, it's supposed to be a multiplayer experience. You're not supposed to buy both versions, you only need one and find a friend with the other version, that's the point of the pokemon versions. Fire Emblem is a single player game, every attempt they made to add multiplayer was insignificant to the main experience. The bad news just keep coming...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nintendo mismanagement keeps hurting even today.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Now all I need is the price... If they want to do two separate games, fine but if its overpriced like the Japanese version, fuck that. I havn't bought a flashcard for the 3ds yet but if Nintendo wants to pull that nonsense over here, then I have no intention of supporting it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Sucks to hear that. Wish they never even went through with this poorly thought out way of releasing this.

Success makes you cocky. Their dying IP finally has a successful entry, and suddenly now they want you to pay twice the price to get the whole story.

Unfortunate and still don't understand what makes them think they're popular enough to pull a Pokemon, but eh it wont stop me from getting the game.

So I have to choose which side I wanna fight on before buying the game and learning about them...what if I buy the game and I'm like the other army looks way better.  This is way worse than releasing 2 versions of pokemon.

u_u I was prepared for this anyways... I'll get the White version then...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread