By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates to have two versions in the West as well

Whoops accidental double post

Around the Network
Munchies said:
the_dengle said:
They were emphasizing during the Treehouse stream that each side is a completely full and different game, with different maps and characters and the works, so I suspected they were gearing up for this.

I also don't see why it's a problem. 2 games for $55. Sure, thanks.

How do you know that?

Second version is sold as $15 DLC in Japan.

Two different games, I don't see a problem here and will buy both of them.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
It's obvious why. The two versions don't fit in one cartridge. Can't people realize that?

Except we know it can as they released a special edition that did fit both versions in one cart.

Acevil said:
burninmylight said:
Not looking good, but I'll curb my pessimism and wait for more details. If Nintendo tries to make two half games at full price each, then I'll just wait for each half to drop their prices by 50 percent. However, if each half is loaded with a full game's worth of content, then that's a different story.

Um Light seems to be the loaded with full content like awakening, with Dark seems to be like old school fire emblem with straight foward path.

I know the game is set to launch in Japan in eight days, but how do you know how much content each game has already? I hope you're right though.

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
It's obvious why. The two versions don't fit in one cartridge. Can't people realize that?

Except we know it can as they released a special edition that did fit both versions in one cart.

How do you know? Maybe the special edition has two carts.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

If i can get both for $40 = Yay!
If i can get both for $50 = Ok...
If i can get both for $55 = Okiiish....?
If i can get both for $60 = Will get one, and think about the other later

At least lower Awakening DLC cost Nintendo.

Captain_Yuri said:
Now all I need is the price... If they want to do two separate games, fine but if its overpriced like the Japanese version, fuck that. I havn't bought a flashcard for the 3ds yet but if Nintendo wants to pull that nonsense over here, then I have no intention of supporting it

Yeah. Previous FE games gave you two alternate paths. Locking the other path behind a $15 paywall once you pick one is one of the scummiest things I've seen in gaming in a long time. The last thing that disgusted me the most was microtransactions in AAA, $60+ ($70 in Canada) games. I'm dissapointed in Nintendo right now.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Dont get the hate, its 2 full games. Im getting both, FE is one of the best franchises ever made.

IRONICALLY though..... I bet if only white version came out, and black version released 2 years later that was an alt story to white nobody be complaining lol.

FE Fates = 2 Full Games. People mad for the wrong reasons. Also as some pointed out, you can buy the second one most likely as DLC for roughly $15-$20. So $55/$60 for 2 full FE games.

MajorMalfunction said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Now all I need is the price... If they want to do two separate games, fine but if its overpriced like the Japanese version, fuck that. I havn't bought a flashcard for the 3ds yet but if Nintendo wants to pull that nonsense over here, then I have no intention of supporting it

Yeah. Previous FE games gave you two alternate paths. Locking the other path behind a $15 paywall once you pick one is one of the scummiest things I've seen in gaming in a long time. The last thing that disgusted me the most was microtransactions in AAA, $60+ ($70 in Canada) games. I'm dissapointed in Nintendo right now.

What? I don't remember any FE games having elt paths like Fates does, and I've played most of them...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread