By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound and Crackdown to skip E3 for Gamescom 2015

Though one does have to admit that it's not that dumb from MS to move these smaller titles to Gamescom, with Sony not having a conference this time they'll be able to dominate the news cycle that week.

Around the Network

I can understand the thinking behind this move from MS but I think it's a mistake. They'd be better off holding Sony to a draw in the US than trying to make headway in a region (Europe) that they've already lost.

The PS5 Exists. 

DerNebel said:

Though one does have to admit that it's not that dumb from MS to move these smaller titles to Gamescom, with Sony not having a conference this time they'll be able to dominate the news cycle that week.

But thats stupid since Sony will then dominate just after that with their PGW conférence , so they will not only dominate E3 but also during PGW ( especially since no one else will announced something during this week, so all thé focus will be on thèm)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

DerNebel said:

Risk US sales where they have a fighting chance to gain headway in Europe which is a lost cause....

*shrug*

Aerys said:
DerNebel said:

But thats stupid since Sony will then dominate just after that with their PGW conférence , so they will not only dominate E3 but also during PGW ( especially since no one else will announced something during this week, so all thé focus will be on thèm)

Let's be completely real here for a second. What do you think is going to happen with those games at E3? They are going to be completely drowned out by all the other bigger games unless they seriously blow people away, which might happen with Scalebound, but historically speaking we all know that Platinum has a hard time catering to the masses. Might as well get them away from the heat, even if it makes for a less interesting E3 for forum dwellers.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
DerNebel said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

now it all depends on how much time Sony is going to spend on sales/morpheus that determines whether all 3 conferences end up being boring lol

More like how much they spend on Powers Season 2. :D

But if that whole TLG rumor is really true then they are going to get huge reactions anyway.

I just want everyone to stay away from the BS tbh lol

I don't want microsoft to even bring up oculus at their conference and I don't want sony to boast about numbers or sales or even focus on VR either D:

also yeah I agree, if they show TLG, then Sony wins E3 atuomatically imo. I know id be happy

I'd be really disappointed if Sony doesn't show off at least a couple new VR games. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Protendo said:
DerNebel said:

Risk US sales where they have a fighting chance to gain headway in Europe which is a lost cause....

*shrug*

The internet is a global thing you know? *shrug* ;)

I think everybody was hoping for more info on Scalebound, as we all got the gist of QB some time ago. Much like sony and their string of announcements, they are gonna need some good stuff to replace this stuff.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I swear to God.....

Not too long ago there was a thread talking about how E3 is all about making new announcements and that Microsoft's show would be lame if all they did was show gameplay for a bunch of games already announced. Now we have a thread where everybody is complaining that some of the announced games are being moved to a showcase elsewhere to make room for other things at E3. Make up your damn minds

Fusioncode said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I just want everyone to stay away from the BS tbh lol

I don't want microsoft to even bring up oculus at their conference and I don't want sony to boast about numbers or sales or even focus on VR either D:

also yeah I agree, if they show TLG, then Sony wins E3 atuomatically imo. I know id be happy

I'd be really disappointed if Sony doesn't show off at least a couple new VR games. 

yeah im the opposite, i dont want any VR to be shown at all, but i know its not going to be the case

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick