By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JoeTheBro said:
hudsoniscool said:
Wow I was really dead set on battlefront and halo 5 being my 2 games for the rest of the year(with batman and fallout getting picked up early next year) but now I'm not so sure about battlefront. First of all its 60$ for a mp only game that has only 12 maps(very low number when it's sitting next to halo 5). And secondly 50$ for what's probably 12 dlcmaps is nuts. 24 maps no sp vs 39 maps and sp for almost half the money.

There's more to games than just map count. Doesn't change your feelings of course, but for me it's weird to mathematically compare game values like that. My all time favorite FPS game only has 8 maps. Killzone Mercenary is seriously underrated!!! haha

Personally I'd put Battlefront as my most desired holiday game. Really loved the beta and like that it has splitscreen. Sadly I can't afford to buy an XBO so unless BF brings in the super deals, I won't be able to buy Halo 5 till my indie game releases.

I think he's focusing on map count because it doesn't have a campaign. While Halo does have a campaign AND more maps.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
JoeTheBro said:

There's more to games than just map count. Doesn't change your feelings of course, but for me it's weird to mathematically compare game values like that. My all time favorite FPS game only has 8 maps. Killzone Mercenary is seriously underrated!!! haha

Personally I'd put Battlefront as my most desired holiday game. Really loved the beta and like that it has splitscreen. Sadly I can't afford to buy an XBO so unless BF brings in the super deals, I won't be able to buy Halo 5 till my indie game releases.

I think he's focusing on map count because it doesn't have a campaign. While Halo does have a campaign AND more maps.

I understood that, but why would you care about numbers between different series? For example Fallout 4 will probably take longer to complete than both Halo and Battlefront combined, yet that's a pretty meaningless stat.

Comparing games qualitatively seems way less 'cold and robotic.'  There's no magic formula to calculate a game's universal value or quality.

JoeTheBro said:
jlmurph2 said:

I understood that, but why would you care about numbers between different series? For example Fallout 4 will probably take longer to complete than both Halo and Battlefront combined, yet that's a pretty meaningless stat.

Comparing games qualitatively seems way less 'cold and robotic.'  There's no magic formula to calculate a game's universal value or quality.

Because he's the one choosing the games that he's gonna buy. He might as well compare them if they're the same price in the same genre.

JoeTheBro said:
hudsoniscool said:
Wow I was really dead set on battlefront and halo 5 being my 2 games for the rest of the year(with batman and fallout getting picked up early next year) but now I'm not so sure about battlefront. First of all its 60$ for a mp only game that has only 12 maps(very low number when it's sitting next to halo 5). And secondly 50$ for what's probably 12 dlcmaps is nuts. 24 maps no sp vs 39 maps and sp for almost half the money.

Ya more or less what murph said. Just feels like a ton of content got cut. No space battles or galactic conquest.the beta was pretty good but felt a little dull. And that drop pod mode was horrible. And split screen would be great if it was available in mp and not just those coop missions.  And don't get me wrong I'm still excited for the game but my hype level has been tempered down. I just might not be getting it day one anymore.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

The cinematics in the halo 2 campaign in MCC are insane. Looks like a Hollywood blockbuster

Around the Network

Throughout the development of Halo 5: Guardians, we knew that giving players tools to access game data needed to be a top priority. We’re aware of the power of putting these tools into your hands, and teams from around the studio have been collaborating to make this a reality. Today, we’re excited to announce that Halo 5: Guardians will support a public stats API for developers. The API will allow anyone to take player stats from the game, create new websites and apps, and grow communities around these new experiences.

Here on Halo Waypoint and Halo Channel, we’ll support a fully-featured stats experience for Halo 5, but giving the community the ability to compile stats will allow developers to craft their own statistical story and experiences. The Halo API program is currently in private beta, and we’re working with both professional and community organizations including ESL, MLG, Halo Charts, Halo Tracker, and more so that they can hit the ground running when Halo 5 launches later this month. Additionally, this allows us to ensure public access will be ready to launch around the same time frame that Halo 5 releases.

Halo API will support the follow statistics:

• Service Record (Life-to-date stats for each player)
  • Match History (Access to each match played)
  • Carnage Report (Complete statistical breakdown for each player in a match)

We know you'll surprise and delight us with inventive and unexpected uses, and we can't wait to see what you develop and share with the Halo community later this year and beyond.

For all things Halo 5, stay tuned to Halo Waypoint and @Halo on Twitter.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-api-support-coming-to-halo-5-guardians

Wow really nice deal for Thomas Was Alone. Can't do much wrong for ~2€.

man-bear-pig said:
The cinematics in the halo 2 campaign in MCC are insane. Looks like a Hollywood blockbuster

I know right? they are friggin amazing

I spent some time playing Star Wars Battlefront yesterday and I'm glad I did... there's no way I'm buying that game it's not for me. I had fun playing it but I was bored as well. I remember other SWB games had bots and many objectives, vehicles and all but this was bare leaving you with not much to do. Also the controls need some work imo. You can'T grab ledges (I kind of got used to this), you have to unlock the ability to throw grenades? No gameplay objectives like why would I kill 10 people... in Titanfall gameplay objectives got you your Titan which changed the pacing of the game... I know it's a beta but people seem to think it won't be much different from the retail game.

I'll gladly pass... remove the Star Wars painting and this game wouldn't be considered imo. I will be all over Halo 5 and Fallout this holyday!

Here's a better organized version of the playlists: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/launch-playlist-details

Also we now know the 21 maps at launch.

Warzone:
Escape from A.R.C.
Raid on Apex 7
March on Stormbreak
Dispatch
Array
Summit

Arena:
Coliseum
Eden
Plaza