By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to realize that the "Souls" games and Bloodborne are terrible games...

Neodegenerate said:
Azuren said:

If you loved games on NES, which are entirely about dying and starting levels over, then your complaints about Bloodborne are covering up for the real reason you dislike it. 

Or it could be that expectations of games and how they perform are tempered to the times in which they are created.  An autosave feature wasn't prevalent in the NES days like it is today.  To fault a game in 2015 for not having one is not at all the same as not faulting a game made when it didn't exist.

Bloodborne does have an autosave feature...

Around the Network
Wright said:

Even if you don't like the Souls games, you just can't point out a good developer and say they make "terrible games" if you haven't played everything they have to offer...

Ninja Blade was a total piece.

FentonCrackshell said:
JinxRake said:
FentonCrackshell said:
JinxRake said:
Sigh.

Here you go.

2043596970_1/Focus-of-Attention-Women-s-Fashion-Dress-font-b-Bag-b-font-Charming-Shoulder-font-b.jpg" border="0">

Enjoy this little bag of attention and savor your moment of relevance.

Lemme guess: You like the game and your feelings are hurt that someone else doesn't? 

Off by a very long shot, but sure, if that's what gets you feeling better about yourself. 

You played a game that you took no effort to adapt to or to understand, and call it terrible because it won't hold your hand or whisper what a good little boy you are as it tucks you in at night. This is not commentary on the value of the game, on its quality - or even lack of - or anything partaining to the game. This is simply a whine thread that screams "PAY ATTENTION TO ME BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING POPULAR FOR POORLY EXPLAINED REASONS!".

Enjoy the Witcher 3 since it's more your speed then.

Wow, a message board Mercenary. You're 1 in a million. So, I guess there aren't any games you don't like? I mean, every game has its detractors. Why are fans of these games so upset that some people may feel differently? Well, not all fans. Seems you're the only one who's butthurt over it.

I think he's already stated that he's not so much upset with the opinion as he is with the path to that conclusion. You made no attempt and decided you didn't like it from the start. You gave it no chance and took to the Web to bash it. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Neodegenerate said:

Or it could be that expectations of games and how they perform are tempered to the times in which they are created.  An autosave feature wasn't prevalent in the NES days like it is today.  To fault a game in 2015 for not having one is not at all the same as not faulting a game made when it didn't exist.

Except this is a game that is part of a unforgiving series that makes it apparent from start to finish that you will be dying and retracing a lot. So moot point. 

Hardly a moot point that someone can dislike a game that doesn't make use of a readily available feature in a way they like.

Also, my experience with this series is that they make almost nothing readily apparent.  That is also, from what I gather by the staunch defenders, part of it's appeal.

This is seriously, seriously sad. I don't understand how any Witcher game is better than any Souls game (I have only played TW2 and thought it was super mediocre). Awful combat, terrible sense of direction, terrible map system, terrible and cheesy voice acting and dialogue, unnecessary endless loot, boring monster design, poor weapon variety, awful map system, cannot even walk off ledges---you need to do a button prompt. TW3 looks just as clunky.

Makes me happy to be able to persevere and finish and appreciate all of the souls games. What is wrong with a little bit of perseverance or desire to overcome challenges---instead Souls games are called terrible and easy crap like Assassin's Creed and The Witcher and DA: I are praised. 

Would most people here would also prefer Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest to FF6 or FF7, since that game is much simpler and has no challenge?

Hi

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
Mnementh said:
Your personal opinion. As opinions go not very surprising, because every game even the most unpopular is loved by some people and every game even the most popular is hated by some people. No surprise here. You only have to accept that your opinion is very unpopular (the games have 90+ meta-scores) and saying they are terrible instead of "I didn't like them" may be offending to people.

Great post!  But I think it wouldn't matter one way or another. You're either a fool for not liking it or a fool for thinking it's terrible.

Actually a lot of people can accept that others have different opinions even about things they like or things they are very interested in. But most people react if you directly attack something they like. So there might be a difference.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I disagree with pretty much everything you said, but the atmosphere part of Dark Souls II was something I felt needed a rebuttal. I simply don't believe this is right at all, and if one actually takes the time to digest what's happening in that universe it's actually something quite special. Now one can argue the level design of II wasn't as great as the first, which may be fair, but the sheer amount of variety and straight up attention to detail is awe inducing to a person like me.

iLikeEggs said:

This is seriously, seriously sad. I don't understand how any Witcher game is better than any Souls game (I have only played TW2 and thought it was super mediocre). Awful combat, terrible sense of direction, terrible map system, terrible and cheesy voice acting and dialogue, unnecessary endless loot, boring monster design, poor weapon variety, awful map system, cannot even walk off ledges---you need to do a button prompt. TW3 looks just as clunky.

Makes me happy to be able to persevere and finish and appreciate all of the souls games. What is wrong with a little bit of perseverance or desire to overcome challenges---instead Souls games are called terrible and easy crap like Assassin's Creed and The Witcher and DA: I are praised. 

Would most people here would also prefer Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest to FF6 or FF7, since that game is much simpler and has no challenge?

Ahhh... See what you did there? You took a critically acclaimed game and listed the things that you think aren't good about it. I may have been hyperbolic with the "terrible" connotation but what's the difference between what I did and what you did? 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

this thread makes me think Witcher 3 might be pretty bad if it's liked by people that praise the soulless mmo simulator that is Dragon Age:Inquisition

I loved DA:I. (Plat)
I am enjoying Witcher 3.
Bloodborne is a better game than both. (Plat, and then played another 70 hours)
I tried playing Dark Souls 2 after Bloodborne and just could not do it, its such a step back.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.