By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to realize that the "Souls" games and Bloodborne are terrible games...

Oh.oh,oh I got another one why these games are terrible:

the enemies health bar reacts too slowly after you hit the enemy. so in most cases you see a still filled up health bar, so you press the button again, just to see how the enemy is going down and your character is hitting the air. this is so stupid and I think its not a bug, its the intention of the developers.

Around the Network

That's a shame, I rather like the Souls games, haven't played Bloodborne yet though.

I've roped a couple of friends into playing Bloodborne, and one thing I noticed was that in both cases their experience seemed somewhat akin to slamming headfirst into a brick wall. They disliked it, declared that it wasn't fun, and just generally did not enjoy it. The first friend was actually planning to move on and look for another game, but out of boredom decided to pick it back up and try again.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and their opinion became a near polar opposite. It wasn't just that they liked it, they absolutely loved it, and I kept getting texts in the middle of the day just raving about a particular boss they had fought, stalking the Wikipedia so they could gobble up as much information as possible. It went from me giving them advice on finding a particular item or encounter, to them all but knowing more than I did. Their reasons for enjoying it in many ways mirrored mine, though I hadn't gone through the initial period of dislike they had; Controls felt very responsive, combat felt quick and engaging, and boss battles left me feeling more energized and empowered than pretty much any game I can think of. I've even done things that I don't usually do, like Record video clips of most of my boss fights, and actively seek out people I can talk about the game with.

Basically, this is the only game I can remember that has ever gotten me hyped while I was actually playing it. =P

That being said, totally understand that it isn't for everyone. I actually prefer it that way. I'm sure the game would have still been good had it been designed more like other, more conventional titles, but it just wouldn't have made quite the lasting impression on me that it has. I am greatly enjoying the Witcher 3, but it's really the same kind of enjoyment I have with most titles. I play it, am entertained, but it quickly gets tossed on the pile of the other 500 games I was entertained by.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Haven't played Bloodborne but I do like Dark Souls.

It has it's flaws though. I like the combat and it's difficulty, but sometimes it's just cheap. It has it's share of "artificial difficulty". Too much of it, and this can be frustrating.

And yeah the game could looked better too like you mention

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Souls and Bloodborne aren't terrible. If you want to play a terrible game then play Lords of the Fallen. Just because it's a ripoff of gameplay mechanics, doesn't mean it'll be good. I've had to force myself to go back and play this pos several times and after a few times I've shelved it and am done for good. Sorry Microsoft but you may as well have thrown money out the window than purchasing this scrub dev.

Around the Network

I simply think those kind of games just aren't for you, and that's alright! I'm not sure if I'd like them either, but I wanna give them a go just to see what all the fuzz all about.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

estebxx said:
gamingpotato7 said:

Thank you. I had the platinum and only been doing pvp, but I want more of this. This design, this look and feel, the story, the darkness. This game looks and plays so good. Anyone can see that those who played it and enjoy this design style really adored this game and want more and more and more. People are actually greatly looking forward for a DLC/Expansion.

Graphics are what it is, just a part of a game and not the game itself. I was very hesitant in playing Dark Souls games, but when I saw Bloodborne I just fell in love with how it looks. The Blood starved beast screaming on the trailer and the witches laughing. The colors. I don't like to see blood particuraly anywhere but even on Bloodborne it looks great.

Masterpieces like this one should have its quality stated as a fact. There are good things in this world, it is not about how many people enjoy it, there are simply things that should be factually good. Maybe a person doesn't like it, sure, its not his style, but he has to attest its quality because things that are well done should be respected.

well said, i agree with everything especially that last sentence.

Oh and im also doing PVP, im on my 8th playthrough and decided to do PVP since i dont want to get tired of the game (which to be honest hasnt happened to me not even after playing it so much) im actually gonna wait for the announced expansion before i go for the 9th playthrough, also what build are you using? i made a second build and im wielding the Chikage and men do i love that sword and that build, with a "bone marrow ash" you can take off half the life bar of another player with one shot!, and that sword can kill with 4 good hits or 3 if you count the initial hit when the weapon transform and deals double damage for that first hit.

I did two playthroughs, but was a long time on the chalices, really enjoyed the bosses there. I use the standard Ludwig build with large strenght and skill, it was what took me through most of the game so I sticked to it. But now at level 160 I don't know if I just should keep leveling up and put more into arcane and blood tinge or if I should make a new build. What do you think? I have a lot of weapons already well leveled up, and would enjoy, because of a bit of OCD, to have all weapons maxed up so starting again from scratch... I don't know. I'm very curious about the Chikage, but the bone marrow ash thing is really annoying pvp ahah i just don't stand a chance against that. Does it take a long time to make a decent new build?