By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to realize that the "Souls" games and Bloodborne are terrible games...

FentonCrackshell said:

Wait, hear me out... So, I was so excited to finally (after 6 months) finish Dragon Age: Inquistion so I could start on Dark Souls II and Bloodborne. I start Dark Soul II and after a lackluster character creation I'm thrown into a world of crappy textures, stiff characters, and brown/grey everything. Seriously, this game has 0 atmosphere whatsoever. There's nothing to listen to outside of your character's footsteps and the occasional weapons clanks. The game isn't even the sort of "challenge" that makes the player want to continue playing. You play for 20 minutes and advance fairly far past your starting point, die, and you're thrown right back to the beginning. I've known that From Software games are like this but being that everything mention previously is in existence it must makes the nearly near unplayable.

Now, Bloodborne. Bloodborne looked promising. I'm thinking that after disliking Demons Souls and Dark Souls I & II I'd actually like a game from From. NOPE!!! Same knocks: No atmosphere, lame character creation, brown/grey colors, crappy textures, and stiff characters. I put it a good amout of play time into the game and after about 20 minutes and at least 20-25 baddies killed I'm bested by a huge guy with a brick and some demon dogs. Well, guess what? Right back to the beginning. This was probably the first time ever that I've appreciated that little beep the PS4 makes when it turns off.

I'm starting to think that  when it pertains to these franchises, From is the video game equivalent to Seth McFarlane whereas they take the exact same formula, dress it up a bit different, and receive critical acclaim for making the very same thing they make a few years back. Thank God The Witcher was there to save the day and quench my thirst for a great RPG.

Dragon Age: Inquistion = Platinum'd

The Witcher III = AWESOME GAME SO FAR!!!

Dark Souls II and Bloodborne = eBay!!!

Git Gud.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
FentonCrackshell said:

But isn't frustration relative? Also, why would I want to just run past everything when leveling up is integral to surviving in this game

Oh man you gave me a laugh from this!

IK right?  You don't have to level up at all to beat the game unlike most RPG's where you are laughably weak if you don't level up.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I'm all for unpopular opinions, but what on God's green Earth are you even talking about. No atmosphere? Souls games? Hmph.

Sounds like OP failed to git gud.

it sounds more like youre too bad in playing this game and are fustrated with losing.
Bloodborne has the best graphics ever made, the game has plenty of eye candy and effects and tons of tesselation unlike dragon age.
Fromsoftware isnt doing the same thing over again, the levels are designed all different while in dragon age and the witcher its just an open field like in shadow of the collossus, both games have almost zero level design.

Around the Network
gamingpotato7 said:

Thank you. I had the platinum and only been doing pvp, but I want more of this. This design, this look and feel, the story, the darkness. This game looks and plays so good. Anyone can see that those who played it and enjoy this design style really adored this game and want more and more and more. People are actually greatly looking forward for a DLC/Expansion.

Graphics are what it is, just a part of a game and not the game itself. I was very hesitant in playing Dark Souls games, but when I saw Bloodborne I just fell in love with how it looks. The Blood starved beast screaming on the trailer and the witches laughing. The colors. I don't like to see blood particuraly anywhere but even on Bloodborne it looks great.

Masterpieces like this one should have its quality stated as a fact. There are good things in this world, it is not about how many people enjoy it, there are simply things that should be factually good. Maybe a person doesn't like it, sure, its not his style, but he has to attest its quality because things that are well done should be respected.

well said, i agree with everything especially that last sentence.

Oh and im also doing PVP, im on my 8th playthrough and decided to do PVP since i dont want to get tired of the game (which to be honest hasnt happened to me not even after playing it so much) im actually gonna wait for the announced expansion before i go for the 9th playthrough, also what build are you using? i made a second build and im wielding the Chikage and men do i love that sword and that build, with a "bone marrow ash" you can take off half the life bar of another player with one shot!, and that sword can kill with 4 good hits or 3 if you count the initial hit when the weapon transform and deals double damage for that first hit.

FentonCrackshell said:

Wait, hear me out... So, I was so excited to finally (after 6 months) finish Dragon Age: Inquistion so I could start on Dark Souls II and Bloodborne. I start Dark Soul II and after a lackluster character creation I'm thrown into a world of crappy textures, stiff characters, and brown/grey everything. Seriously, this game has 0 atmosphere whatsoever. There's nothing to listen to outside of your character's footsteps and the occasional weapons clanks. The game isn't even the sort of "challenge" that makes the player want to continue playing. You play for 20 minutes and advance fairly far past your starting point, die, and you're thrown right back to the beginning. I've known that From Software games are like this but being that everything mention previously is in existence it must makes the nearly near unplayable.

Now, Bloodborne. Bloodborne looked promising. I'm thinking that after disliking Demons Souls and Dark Souls I & II I'd actually like a game from From. NOPE!!! Same knocks: No atmosphere, lame character creation, brown/grey colors, crappy textures, and stiff characters. I put it a good amout of play time into the game and after about 20 minutes and at least 20-25 baddies killed I'm bested by a huge guy with a brick and some demon dogs. Well, guess what? Right back to the beginning. This was probably the first time ever that I've appreciated that little beep the PS4 makes when it turns off.

I'm starting to think that  when it pertains to these franchises, From is the video game equivalent to Seth McFarlane whereas they take the exact same formula, dress it up a bit different, and receive critical acclaim for making the very same thing they make a few years back. Thank God The Witcher was there to save the day and quench my thirst for a great RPG.

Dragon Age: Inquistion = Platinum'd

The Witcher III = AWESOME GAME SO FAR!!!

Dark Souls II and Bloodborne = eBay!!!

So you spent 20 minutes on each game, never reaching a single boss fight and somehow believe you're in a prime position to comment on the games with some valid opinion. To make matters worse, you barely advanced at all in the game having reached the second lanturn out of 40. 

Nope, sorry, that's the equivalent of reading the preface of a book and thinking you have a firm grasp on what to expect from it.

It is very much clear to me that the games are simply too hard for you which is why you've enjoyed the button-mashing friendly Witcher.

Demon Souls and Bloodborne are good games. Dark Souls are not. Mainly as you can exploit it's stupid hit box window and make the game super easy if you want. Demons and Bloodborne are more alike then Dark is.

Get good or sell the game, bro.

On a serious note, how can at least Bloodborne have no atmosphere?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

FentonCrackshell said:
Baryonyx said:
FentonCrackshell said:
Baryonyx said:

What challenge level are you playing at on Witcher 3?

Death March. I'm going for the Platinum. It's not the difficulty of Bloodborne that puts me off though. I like that it's difficult. I'm a trophy hunter and I always play games on the hardest level. It's that it feels like the devs blast you back so far after a death just to add to gameplay length. That's the frustration.

You do know you can speed run to the boss right? kill it and you will open a new checkpoint. It's even more central and from there, you can open several short-cut gates and all you're problems are over. you don't need to kill anyone to progress, you can skip it unless if you wanna level up which is a good idea.
The game is a bit of a drag in the beginning, but as soon as you beat the first 2-3 bosses the game will turn into a blast. I play Witcher 3 at the hardest level, and the frustration was even more real then bloodborne so i doubt it that you did, but i give you the benefit of doubt

But isn't frustration relative? Also, why would I want to just run past everything when leveling up is integral to surviving in this game? 

Not if you want to fight a boss. The frustration i had went away after 3 bosses and each monster could be slain with 2 slashes and i learned all of their movements. the frustration turns into playtime

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90