By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to realize that the "Souls" games and Bloodborne are terrible games...

Dadrik said:
generic-user-1 said:
Dadrik said:

"Terrible games"

More like they're not your kind of games and you didn't even try to learn its rules and mechanics.
Yeah, big guys hit hard, that's why you have to avoid being right in their faces. Based on your post, you didn't even really try. Bloodborne's gameplay is about quick reactions, dodging, hitting at the right time. And these "huge guys with a brick" are among the easiest mobs in the whole game. Same for those dogs.

"No atmosphere".
Lol of the year. Of course, it's hard to be immersed in a game after about 1h of gameplay. Bloodborne, just like Souls games, are popular not only for their gameplay, but also for their compelling atmosphere. 

Your opinion is your opinion, but just because you aren't good at something doesn't mean it's terrible.

Sorry you didn't like it, considering how excited you seemed to be, but claiming Souls games are terrible is just wrong. Objectively, they might have flaws, but when it comes to level/game design, gamepay and art direction, they're among the best that released in the past 6 years.

you mean you have to try till you can beat it? its try and error, not learning of mechanics.

and immersion is hard when the framerate drops all the time...

In this game, when you die, it's your fault. You have to learn the moveset/pattern of each enemy in order to know how to defeat them. Also, it's pretty easy to beat mobs and bosses without even dying. Just be careful, observe, and strike at the right moment. So yeah it IS about learning mechanics.

Also, framerate drops are VERY rare. They were common day one, but it's not the case anymore. I've been playing the game for the last 4 days and didn't have any framerate drop, for example.

Don't talk about things you don't know, because making claims like that based on nothing isn't really the best way to make a point.

not its not, pattern learning has nothing to do with mechanics. its  try and error. but try and error games are totaly fine, the dealbreaker for many is the bad save feature.

and yeah i wasnt so clear about the framerate drops, the souls games (all 3 of em) run bad, realy realy bad, BB runs okayish.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
FentonCrackshell said:

Isn't a bad review pretty much an entire article made to crap all over a game? Nothing wrong with that. Someone doesn't like something they can voice their opinion.

Yes, by all means.
But still, these games aren't terrible at all. You didn't quite get the grasp of it and don't seem to like the genre, that's all. Huge difference.

LOVE the genre actually. That's why I keep trying the games hoping to like them.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

ghost_of_fazz said:
To be honest, while the Souls games have given us lots of legendary meme material, I don't find them THAT enjoyable. I mean, for me they are kinda fun for a bit of time, but I feel them "basic", based only on skill button pressing and not much else. Kinda like a MOBA.

Though obviously there are people that find the charm on that, it's totally acceptable.

I agree. For those who like the game. By all means, Go right ahead. But everything I've listed I the OP are based on my experience with these games.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

I can understand a lot of complaints, but no atmosphere?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't think this series is perfect by any stretch, but they are far from terrible. Some games hold your hand and have lengthy cut-scenes, but the Souls series goes the other extreme path and does the opposite; I'm not sure if that is either an intentional response to a design trend, or FS knows they suck at traditional storytelling and completely avoid it.

The day they let NPCs actually explain things like actual people and not just repeat one cryptic line like an old and possibly badly translated JRPG NPC...the day they actually show newbies how to take their first steps rather than just pointing at some stairs and saying "do it"... these games will earn an even bigger audience.

Around the Network

Expect alot of Hate mail for going agasint the tide. I agree, Played DS 1 and 2 and alittle of Bloodborne, and as a game, they fail to meet alot of standards, in fact it doesnt do anything better then other RPGs except the fact its incrediably hard (which isnt a bad thing)

These games are incrediably linear and i am amazed that DS 1 and 2 dont look that great considering how linear they really are and im talking about the PC versions. Atleast Bloodborne got the visuals right but it still fails to add anything special. Its Dark Souls with a new coat of paint. I think these games are heavly overated, there not bad games but there defiantly not the best games to buy. They lack good music/sound, lack of a detailed customising tool, lack of controls, lack in Enermy AI, lacking a good story, but they are tough as nails.

The games just aren't for me, and for some reason I still buy them.

Demon Souls I only was able to beat as I used the Soldier character that could do a magic attack, and then draw enemies to the invisible barrier and magic them to death. Bosses all had safe spots where they could be killed.

Dark Souls 1 I couldn't make it past the second part where there are skeletons that don't stay dead.

I bought Dark Souls 2 and will one day play, give-up, and youtube the game.

Bloodbourne who knows.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

lol, cool story bro.
I agree with you on dark souls 2, but bloodborne has atmosphere dripping from the box itself.
Bb is the best game I've played this year (my opinion).

Sigh.

Here you go.

Enjoy this little bag of attention and savor your moment of relevance.

Azzanation said:

These games are incrediably linear

Aren't the Souls games typically full of backtracking and split paths? What do you mean when you say they are linear, because from what I've seen, they are less linear than most games.