By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to realize that the "Souls" games and Bloodborne are terrible games...

They're not terrible games, they just don't suit you. There's a difference.

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
"I put it a good amout of play time into the game and after about 20 minutes and at least 20-25 baddies killed I'm bested by a huge guy with a brick and some demon dogs"

your completely contradicting yourself here, did you put a good amount of time into it, or did you just play 20 minutes and gave up?

No, I played for a while and kept dying. Then after killing a slew of enemies after about 20 of gameplay I died again and had to start from the beginning.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Skullwaker said:
Isn't there only one Demon's Souls?

Fixt. I didn't realize that I'd put that.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

V-r0cK said:

Yep.

"I don't like the Souls series" - Okay
"The Souls series is terribe" - smh

Arcturus said:
V-r0cK said:

Yep.

"I don't like the Souls series" - Okay
"The Souls series is terribe" - smh

Pretty much this and V-r0ck.

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
DD_Bwest said:
"I put it a good amout of play time into the game and after about 20 minutes and at least 20-25 baddies killed I'm bested by a huge guy with a brick and some demon dogs"

your completely contradicting yourself here, did you put a good amount of time into it, or did you just play 20 minutes and gave up?

No, I played for a while and kept dying. Then after killing a slew of enemies after about 20 of gameplay I died again and had to start from the beginning.

it sounds like you didnt even give the game a real chance.  How much total time did you actually spend playing?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Having tried and not liking the beggining of demon soul I can understand your opinion, but why create a thread to shit over the game?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I will take Demon's Souls and Bloodborne over any Dragon Age without thinking about.

The Witcher 3 I didn't played but from what I see the combat is more refined in "souls" games.

"Terrible games"

More like they're not your kind of games and you didn't even try to learn its rules and mechanics.
Yeah, big guys hit hard, that's why you have to avoid being right in their faces. Based on your post, you didn't even really try. Bloodborne's gameplay is about quick reactions, dodging, hitting at the right time. And these "huge guys with a brick" are among the easiest mobs in the whole game. Same for those dogs.

"No atmosphere".
Lol of the year. Of course, it's hard to be immersed in a game after about 1h of gameplay. Bloodborne, just like Souls games, are popular not only for their gameplay, but also for their compelling atmosphere. 

Your opinion is your opinion, but just because you aren't good at something doesn't mean it's terrible.

Sorry you didn't like it, considering how excited you seemed to be, but claiming Souls games are terrible is just wrong. Objectively, they might have flaws, but when it comes to level/game design, gamepay and art direction, they're among the best that released in the past 6 years.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

ethomaz said:
I will take Demon's Souls and Bloodborne over any Dragon Age without thinking about.

The Witcher 3 I didn't played but from what I see the combat is more refined in "souls" games.

Combat in the Witcher series has always been a bit quirky. Not bad, but not great. But yeah, Souls games are the best when it comes to this.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.