By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to realize that the "Souls" games and Bloodborne are terrible games...

Everytime I read a soul's complain about difficulty, it just boost my gaming ego because I plat everyone of them except DS2 and that's because I havent played it yet (I am a regular gamer). As long as the games are good by a good portion of gamers enough to sell well, I will keep having my souls game dosis.

Around the Network

basically OP in a nutshell:

I platinumed a terrible game and hate good games

I disagree, but you're free to think that way. I love Bloodborne and while I have not finished Dark Souls 1/2 or Demon Souls, I appreciate what they do. For me, they're the last bastion. They're pure gameplay with heavy atmosphere. They're not trying to weave a tale that'll fall flat on its face (like most games) and they're not political statements. They're just pure, undiluted gameplay and that's what I love about 'em.

Dadrik said:

"Terrible games"

More like they're not your kind of games and you didn't even try to learn its rules and mechanics.
Yeah, big guys hit hard, that's why you have to avoid being right in their faces. Based on your post, you didn't even really try. Bloodborne's gameplay is about quick reactions, dodging, hitting at the right time. And these "huge guys with a brick" are among the easiest mobs in the whole game. Same for those dogs.

Well said.  I'm new to the souls series, and Im someone that absolutely hates dieing and losing progress. I died alot at the beginning and took me over an hour jsut to get to the cleric, lots of frustration. I even had to level myself a crap load to beat gascoigne lol   But i soon learned the mechanics, and how to read mobs without running in gung ho and getting myself slaughtered.  it wasnt long before i was killing Yarhnam herself lol  and had loads of deaths along the way, and almost broke a controller vs logarius lol

Bloodborne is an absolutely brilliant game from mechanics to atmosphere, its just rather hard and doesnt tell you anything about how to improve lol  it doesnt have any hand holding, just throws you to the wolves lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

"I'm starting to think that when it pertains to these franchises, From is the video game equivalent to Seth McFarlane whereas they take the exact same formula, dress it up a bit different, and receive critical acclaim for making the very same thing they make a few years back"

Nope. While it is obvious that Bloodborne is part of the Dark Souls "universe" and is very much a game in the same vein, it is not a simply copy and paste and it does deserve it critical acclaim. This type of game is not for everyone, that much we can agree on, but Bloodborne does make some critical differences in the way it plays. Most obviously, the combat. While it is still very similar to dark souls, the ability to regain health if you quickly counterattack after being dealt damage is massive. It makes for faster, high-risk high-reward action, although you still have to be very observant and passive when encountering new enemies.

The game is frustrating at first (the first few hours were shear madness as the big baddies were stomping me into the ground) but the payoff is immense. The atmosphere is also fantastic. It's tense, it is brooding and you feel vulnerable at any moment. Boss encounters are more subtle than in most other games (although still some areas obviously give off a boss-fight vibe) due to the lack of direction and exposition in the story/characters, which makes players extremely cautious and uneasy of new areas. Honestly, this game is the best survival horror i've played in years (even if it's not even in that genre)

Also, you played 20 minutes. With all due respect, you have seen nothing and I don't think you are in a very good position to join the "These games suck ass and are overrated" club.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
JinxRake said:
Sigh.

Here you go.

2043596970_1/Focus-of-Attention-Women-s-Fashion-Dress-font-b-Bag-b-font-Charming-Shoulder-font-b.jpg" border="0">

Enjoy this little bag of attention and savor your moment of relevance.

Lemme guess: You like the game and your feelings are hurt that someone else doesn't? 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

I think Bloodborne is a good game, but not as good as critics say. I think Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son are better games, even though they didn't get nearly the same kind of praise from critics.

Bloodborne has no atmosphere?

Sorry, but claiming they don't have atmosphere when the atmosphere is one of the best parts of the game, I'm just going to assume you get kept getting stomped in the game. Don't feel ba: according to trophy information, over a quarter of the people who have played the game couldn't get past the first boss.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Mandatory "git gud" comment.

"Well, guess what? Right back to the beginning."

You'd hate old games from NES days...

Personally, I think Bloodborne is one of the best games of this generation so far.