Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Sony even bother to show up at E3

What do you think of Sony now

Greatness will await the entire gen 56 22.95%

Sony thy have betrayed us 60 24.59%

MS is keeps looking better and better 36 14.75%

Sony is love Sony is life you traitor 54 22.13%

38 15.57%

Total:244

More AC, COD, BF, FO4 ect. Shame about ratchet and clank.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

Some Vita announcements at E3:
Assassin's Creed Chronicles coming to PS Vita
XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus coming to PS Vita 
Civilization Revolution 2 Plus coming to PS Vita
Final Fantasy Type-0 coming to PS Vita

All 4 have been rated on a Brazilian rating site!

Sony would surely announce games and hope we would be surprised on the games they are going to show.

fluky-nintendy said:
Because e3 is basically part of PS genetic code? I mean it started the year PS1 came out? And perhaps because PS4 is the current best selling dominating console and a true force of marketing and whatnot?

The E3 is the most important gaming event (and with Sony skipping the gamescom) it defently is the place the PS4 needs to shine to ensure momentum. If Sony doesn't show what the consumer wants and MS does, they could hurt the sales of the PS4 in the US during holiday season. If it is part of the genetic code of playstation they need to be sure that they have a good conference otherwise. But if you have barely anything to show, they can also do a digital event, since long Sony conferences aren't all that great, but the announcements ussaly are and without to much games the conference is a freaking dissaster. iSomething like a 1 hour talking show about indiegames and how they change the console landscape purely to fill up the voids ugh. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

dude they have like 12 studios , you guys are way too easily spooked
AND A NEW GOW IS ON ITS WAY , though i dont want kratos but for ssm to make a wonder woman game in its vein , or at least platinum games, the remaster takes a small team , kinda cheap and will make bank

Around the Network

It's true that sales wise Sony doesn't need E3. It already won the generation.

Sony just show up because of 3rd parties need a framing day, like a husband dragged to a party at his wife's work, when she's getting a promotion.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

celador said:
daredevil.shark said:
Their first party support has been abysmal till now. Those who are saying, first few years are slow need to see how competitor is doing. I am really disappointed.

Who, MS? Their first party support so far has been Killer Instinct, which was good by the looks of it, the worst rated Forza game, Kinect SPorts Rivals, which bombed critically and commercially, and MCC, which still has major issues. THe best exclusives on X1 are second and third party, not first.  Neither Sony or MS are producing enough first party quality so far this gen.

I considered what they have produced and what they will do. And 2015 holiday looks killer. The number of Sony first part games will pump way too late.

daredevil.shark said:
celador said:

Who, MS? Their first party support so far has been Killer Instinct, which was good by the looks of it, the worst rated Forza game, Kinect SPorts Rivals, which bombed critically and commercially, and MCC, which still has major issues. THe best exclusives on X1 are second and third party, not first.  Neither Sony or MS are producing enough first party quality so far this gen.

I considered what they have produced and what they will do. And 2015 holiday looks killer. The number of Sony first part games will pump way too late.

Too late for what, holiday sales? A price cut and advertising/bundles with games like Battlefront will do more than Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank would of.

celador said:
daredevil.shark said:

Too late for what, holiday sales? A price cut and advertising/bundles with games like Battlefront will do more than Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank would of.

Ratchet and Clank wouldn't do much but don't underestimate the force U4 could have been it would easily have competed with bot Halo (which is very US centric) and Tomb Raider. I even dared to calim it's impact on PS4 would have been as big as destiny was for the PS4. Ratchet and Clank is more a game for the ones who loves the series and possibly a few youngsters. A pricecut would make a lot right again a €350- would do.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

PwerlvlAmy said:
celador said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I don't think they're going to show up and have nothing to show off,but I feel they are gonna have a lackluster E3 in general. I just really hope they dont spend 20min hyping PS4 sales numbers and showing more charts and self boasting but instead just show what everyone wants to see,games

They didn't mention sales last year, and when they do at conferences they don't spend long on it. Be more worried about 20 minutes of non-gaming nonsense, like Powers from last year. Hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

Yeah that was last year now. Now that they're ahead in the console race again,their arrogance could get the best of them. I hope not though. Last year was a good change for all conferences with no numbers talk for the most part

Seriously!? not announcing games is arrogance.. cool

As for OP. I think MS was forced to blow their load of their upcoming games very early on.. where sony had announced half of what their studios were working on and did release it. Just because nothing has been leaked doesnt mean they wont be announcing anything. And I believe sony needs to have a very strong E3 and keep the hype train rolling to counter Halo 5..

what i m expecting from this year E3 is, GG new game (horizon) for sure. Gravity Rush 2. and to somewhat counter Halo 5 the last guardian announcment. or maybe Gran Turismo 7...

Infact I dont see MS announcing anything new at this E3.

and for games releasing this year on PS4.. was never looking forward for R&C as much as Rime, Wild, HellBlade, Tommorow children, untill dawn, Drawn to death and of course Persona 5