Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Sony even bother to show up at E3

What do you think of Sony now

Greatness will await the entire gen 56 22.95%

Sony thy have betrayed us 60 24.59%

MS is keeps looking better and better 36 14.75%

Sony is love Sony is life you traitor 54 22.13%

38 15.57%

Total:244

Interesting, I didn't think I would read this sort of thing from a fan of Sony's. I'd say you're quite bold to be saying these sort of things, as many people would be quick to disagree with you. I'm not favorable of Sony, but I think they'll have something to show at E3. They always do. I'm sure there will be something worthwhile for you at their show.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Qwark said:
taus90 said:

Seriously!? not announcing games is arrogance.. cool

As for OP. I think MS was forced to blow their load of their upcoming games very early on.. where sony had announced half of what their studios were working on and did release it. Just because nothing has been leaked doesnt mean they wont be announcing anything. And I believe sony needs to have a very strong E3 and keep the hype train rolling to counter Halo 5..

what i m expecting from this year E3 is, GG new game (horizon) for sure. Gravity Rush 2. and to somewhat counter Halo 5 the last guardian announcment. or maybe Gran Turismo 7...

Infact I dont see MS announcing anything new at this E3.

and for games releasing this year on PS4.. was never looking forward for R&C as much as Rime, Wild, HellBlade, Tommorow children, untill dawn, Drawn to death and of course Persona 5

Not announcing (big) games and sill think you will be dominating is arrogance just as Sony tought they could sell a console of €600- with few games just because the name playstation was on it. Wii to Wii U is the same story. Wild is anything but confirmed for 2015 or actually any game on that list except until dawn. Persona 5 could take a while to release in the West. Gran Turismo 6 launched 2 years ago and concidering it is GT PD needs at least three years.. Horizon will be officialy anounced but the game will not be ready in 2015, that's why it wasn't teased off at the PSX expo. MS will show more in Forza announce a new game form rare and promote a shit ton of exclusives for this and the upcoming year.

It is likely for them to announce a new gears  and some third party agreements like Sony, to be honest they don't need more.

They can't just make games appear out of thin air, that has nothing to do with arrogance, it's simply poor management of their studios and projects in general.

Why will Sony show up at E3?

Could you imagine the speculation or just simple backlash they would get if they didn't show up?

That said they could easily have a surprise for this holiday under their belt.

I don't know how releasing a new forza is a surprised,forza is a yearly IP since 2011

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Part of the Show, will be about Morpheus.

- show no man sky, with VR (time to hear something about them)
- SuckerPunch Infamous second Son 2 (time to hear something about them) released in early 2014
- Guerrilla The Robot Dinosaur Cowboy game they are working on (time to hear something about them) nothing after 2013
- Quantic dream new (game nothing this Gen)
- LVL 5 Game (rumor of ni ko) just a rumor about a lvl5 exclusive
- Destiny:Comet the expantion for the game in (october|November) rigth now its pretty much a drug for those player and the number is still rising, its pretty big. (Its pretty much know and Sony as the SHow first bungie deal.)

They got some theorique stuff.

Around the Network
Risthel said:
Qwark said:

Not announcing (big) games and sill think you will be dominating is arrogance just as Sony tought they could sell a console of €600- with few games just because the name playstation was on it. Wii to Wii U is the same story. Wild is anything but confirmed for 2015 or actually any game on that list except until dawn. Persona 5 could take a while to release in the West. Gran Turismo 6 launched 2 years ago and concidering it is GT PD needs at least three years.. Horizon will be officialy anounced but the game will not be ready in 2015, that's why it wasn't teased off at the PSX expo. MS will show more in Forza announce a new game form rare and promote a shit ton of exclusives for this and the upcoming year.

It is likely for them to announce a new gears  and some third party agreements like Sony, to be honest they don't need more.

So, delaying games to make them better and without bugs is arrogance? Would you prefer to play Uncharted 4 this holiday and find out that is a mess? Hell, even Bloodborne could have been released for the holiday, instead they waited until March and guess what? It's a masterpiece. Mind that Sony could very well release unfinished games for the holiday, and sales wouldn't be affected at all. Now THAT would be arrogance. 

Sony should hire more people to work on certain games to make sure that they make the deadlines. Uncharted 4 could very well have been made on schedual, if they did not found the need to remaster the last of us. Microsoft releases games  on a consant stream and those are meta arguably better than what Sony has to offer except for Bloordborne. Fun fact, Sony releases games later and like driveclub most where full of bugs except the order but that game was utter horse crap. Sony needs to hire more people 8th gen developing takes more people than 7th gen. 

To the matter "delaying and arrogance" while Sony couldn't do much about R&C I very much doubt that the guys at ND didn't warn Sony back in 2014 that they might not make it with the current staff and ambitions. Not hiring extra people and presume that the gamers won't mind a delay anyway is a bit arrogant if you ask me. A bad released game will stay a bad game, a delayed game might get good eventually, but a polished game released on schedule is great. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I don't know why anyone is surprised at what is going on here.

Sure, Uncharted 4 slipping into next year was shocking, but the other delays were not. Every single year developers cram a bunch of really excitable titles in only to get cold feet and push it back. Not only to allow more dev time, but also to give space to breath from the Uber Sellers such as COD and Star Wars Battlefront this year.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Sony still has the larger selection of games, and the highest rated ones to boot. Its not like once the year is up all previous games created stop existing. We got 2 Huge AAA Exclusive games in the first few months of the year which is very unusual. One was a flop, but Bloodborne is still the highest rated original next gen exclusive.

Sony's rest of the year is full of a lot of padding titles sure........but so is Microsoft's. Gears Remaster and the like. If not for Halo 5, everyone would be thinking the same of their lineup as they do Sony's. Many have become hesitant about Halo 5 after the colossal failure that was MCC, so who knows how well it really will do. Halo 5 will sell gangbusters, but I doubt it will turn the tide of this Console War and Sony knows this.

As far as E3 is concerned: I highly doubt MS will have any surprises for this year although this is probably their best output from 1st Party since they got in the game. Gears:Re, Halo, Forza, Fable Legends, Crackdown gives them a strong 1st party appearance, while their Tomb Raider will give their 3rd party credence strength. Yet mind you, MS had NOTHING for the first part of the year.

Sony already gave us Bloodborne and The Order early this year. E3 will show Until Dawn(I imagine a Halloween release), Tearaway Unfolded, God of War. We will still get footage of Uncharted 4 for next year. I still feel there is a very strong chance of Gran Turismo being revealed for this year. Sony has such a huge stable of 1st party game studios we just don't know what they will pull out of the hat. 3rd Party wise, Sony has No Man's Sky, Persona 5....... which is pretty much game over for everything else anyway :P

And then there is the 3rd Party Multiplatform camp. Jusus, there is a LOT going on there that we will barely have time for, and you all are wondering why games are getting pushed? We have the lure that Fallout 4 might actually be dropping this year. We already have MGS5, COD:BO3, SW:BF, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Mad Max, Rainbow Six, The Witcher 3 in a few days, Lego Jurassic World, Lego Dimensions, Infinity 3.0, Possibly Skylanders WOW edition, Rockband 4, Guitar Hero Live.

Now seriously think about these games above. Everyone of them is pretty huge. So less games on all fronts would be a blessing. I don't think the Holiday can survive as is and some of these games will have to bite the bullet and delay.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Qwark said:

Not "announcing" (big) games and sill think you will be dominating is arrogance just as Sony tought they could sell a console of €600- with few games just because the name playstation was on it. Wii to Wii U is the same story. Wild is anything but confirmed for 2015 or actually any game on that list except until dawn. Persona 5 could take a while to release in the West. Gran Turismo 6 launched 2 years ago and concidering it is GT PD needs at least three years.. Horizon will be officialy anounced but the game will not be ready in 2015, that's why it wasn't teased off at the PSX expo. MS will show more in Forza announce a new game form rare and promote a shit ton of exclusives for this and the upcoming year.

Well Ps3 at $600 did sell decent amount, just on the basis that it was a playstation and only the bad rep from dev and press made it seem like a horrible Machine. 

Not "Announcing" (big) games, are you from future? Could you tell us what will be announced? Again GG Horizon for me is a Huge announcment So is Gravity Rush 2, GT7 and as i said Last guardian announcment could possibly to some extent will offset Halo 5 Hype.. and not to mention you just dissed Sony E3 conference because  R&C, which in no where "big" got delayed.

And as for this year the games i mentioned could possible have a release date announced at E3, also about outselling MS this holiday.. I guess you are underestimating the power of exclusive marketing to games such as Battlefront and MGS

[MS will show more in Forza announce a new game form rare and "promote a shit ton of exclusives for this and the upcoming year."]

Really based on what? do you see you are clearly supporting the same theory for MS and discrediting it for Sony.

I'll repeat i dont see MS announcing any new title at this E3 except for maybe Rare. While Sony has a lot which will be spread out throughout the year.

Qwark said:
Risthel said:

So, delaying games to make them better and without bugs is arrogance? Would you prefer to play Uncharted 4 this holiday and find out that is a mess? Hell, even Bloodborne could have been released for the holiday, instead they waited until March and guess what? It's a masterpiece. Mind that Sony could very well release unfinished games for the holiday, and sales wouldn't be affected at all. Now THAT would be arrogance. 

Sony should hire more people to work on certain games to make sure that they make the deadlines. Uncharted 4 could very well have been made on schedual, if they did not found the need to remaster the last of us. Microsoft releases games  on a consant stream and those are meta arguably better than what Sony has to offer except for Bloordborne. Fun fact, Sony releases games later and like driveclub most where full of bugs except the order but that game was utter horse crap. Sony needs to hire more people 8th gen developing takes more people than 7th gen. 

To the matter "delaying and arrogance" while Sony couldn't do much about R&C I very much doubt that the guys at ND didn't warn Sony back in 2014 that they might not make it with the current staff and ambitions. Not hiring extra people and presume that the gamers won't mind a delay anyway is a bit arrogant if you ask me. A bad released game will stay a bad game, a delayed game might get good eventually, but a polished game released on schedule is great. 

I am sorry by this logic, you could have 9 womans to give birth to one child in a month.

Some work need time more then people, or everyone is going to walk on other people feet. And cost will be even more greater. 

Qwark said:
Risthel said:

Developing a game is much more than just hiring people and I think Sony knows well what to do after 25 years in the market. Also "Microsoft releases games on a constant stream", what?! The last notable exclusive they released was The Master Chief Collection, six months ago and it was an unplayable mess that still has issues. How can someone defend the lack of games in the first half of the year from Microsoft is beyond me.

Sony has still a lot of exclusive coming for 2015, and it has some surprises for sure. See the comment of forevercloud300. If they aren't your cup of tea I don't know why it should be Sony's fault.