Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Sony even bother to show up at E3

What do you think of Sony now

Greatness will await the entire gen 56 22.95%

Sony thy have betrayed us 60 24.59%

MS is keeps looking better and better 36 14.75%

Sony is love Sony is life you traitor 54 22.13%

38 15.57%

Total:244

I for one expect a big E3 from sony this year. I thought last year was pretty bad and i expect this year to be big.

Around the Network

They have to have at least 1 first party title for the holidays that isnt a remake or port. Or else it will be foolish business sense.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Qwark said:
Risthel said:

So, delaying games to make them better and without bugs is arrogance? Would you prefer to play Uncharted 4 this holiday and find out that is a mess? Hell, even Bloodborne could have been released for the holiday, instead they waited until March and guess what? It's a masterpiece. Mind that Sony could very well release unfinished games for the holiday, and sales wouldn't be affected at all. Now THAT would be arrogance. 

Sony should hire more people to work on certain games to make sure that they make the deadlines. Uncharted 4 could very well have been made on schedual, if they did not found the need to remaster the last of us. Microsoft releases games  on a consant stream and those are meta arguably better than what Sony has to offer except for Bloordborne. Fun fact, Sony releases games later and like driveclub most where full of bugs except the order but that game was utter horse crap. Sony needs to hire more people 8th gen developing takes more people than 7th gen. 

To the matter "delaying and arrogance" while Sony couldn't do much about R&C I very much doubt that the guys at ND didn't warn Sony back in 2014 that they might not make it with the current staff and ambitions. Not hiring extra people and presume that the gamers won't mind a delay anyway is a bit arrogant if you ask me. A bad released game will stay a bad game, a delayed game might get good eventually, but a polished game released on schedule is great. 

The Last of Us Remaster was needed. The game came out just before PS4 did. The game's sales proves there was an untapped market of people who did now own PS3 or skipped it , hence why it sold millions. Also mind you, Naughty Dog has stated that TLOU Remaster was a bit of practice for them on this new hardware. It's creaction aided in the development of Uncharted 4 if anything.

MS has really not had more or better games.....they are just strategically released and advertised better. MS had MCC, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall. Sony has had Killzone SF, The Order, Infamous SS, Bloodborne, Driveclub, Knack, TLOU.  MCC should have been a HUGE deal but instead it remains riddled with game breaking bugs. It plummetted in value at gamestop from all the trade ins.  Meanwhile, TLOU Re still holds strong even after being bundled with the system. Sony had the huge faux pas that were Driveclub and The Order, but one was fixed and is arguably the best racing game out right now. Sunset Overdrive is about the only MS IP of note that did not have issues anywhere. Titanfall was good for a very short time, then trailed off. Infamous Second Son, Killzone:SF, shit even Knack which admittedly is a critical flop, all sold really well. MS pad's their library with crap like Zumba, and Roller Coaster Tycoon which I don't think anyone really wants to use as a means of superiority.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

celador said:
Agreed.

Sony are arrogant, and MS is completely outplaying them. I imagine Phil Spencer is rubbing his hands together and laughing maniacally at the utter annihilation that is set to befall PS4 this holiday.

I find hilarious how Xbox fans only seems to care about a measly 2 months a year when it comes to games/sales. How about the other 10? 

Do they go on hibernate mode the rest of the months?

i want to see that Horizon game, the concept of that game has me more excited than any other 1st party Sony game (including Uncharted) i mean... look at this thing! look at it!

if this is an actual game... day 1 man day 1...

Around the Network
taus90 said:
Qwark said:

Not "announcing" (big) games and sill think you will be dominating is arrogance just as Sony tought they could sell a console of €600- with few games just because the name playstation was on it. Wii to Wii U is the same story. Wild is anything but confirmed for 2015 or actually any game on that list except until dawn. Persona 5 could take a while to release in the West. Gran Turismo 6 launched 2 years ago and concidering it is GT PD needs at least three years.. Horizon will be officialy anounced but the game will not be ready in 2015, that's why it wasn't teased off at the PSX expo. MS will show more in Forza announce a new game form rare and promote a shit ton of exclusives for this and the upcoming year.

It is likely for them to announce a new gears  and some third party agreements like Sony, to be honest they don't need more.

Well Ps3 at $600 did sell decent amount, just on the basis that it was a playstation and only the bad rep from dev and press made it seem like a horrible Machine. 

Not "Announcing" (big) games, are you from future? Could you tell us what will be announced? Again GG Horizon for me is a Huge announcment So is Gravity Rush 2, GT7 and as i said Last guardian announcment could possibly to some extent will offset Halo 5 Hype.. and not to mention you just dissed Sony E3 conference because  R&C, which in no where "big" got delayed.

And as for this year the games i mentioned could possible have a release date announced at E3, also about outselling MS this holiday.. I guess you are underestimating the power of exclusive marketing to games such as Battlefront and MGS

[MS will show more in Forza announce a new game form rare and "promote a shit ton of exclusives for this and the upcoming year."]

Really based on what? do you see you are clearly supporting the same theory for MS and discrediting it for Sony.

I'll repeat i dont see MS announcing any new title at this E3 except for maybe Rare. While Sony has a lot which will be spread out throughout the year.

Horizon is already announced and defenitly will not release in 2015 as Sony stated during PSX expo, Rare already has announced that they wil show their new game at E3. Forza 6 is also already announced for 2015 as is Halo and probably Rise of the tomb raider will release right before christmas. Sony's counter measures on those games are P5 (if it even releases on time in the West and is nowhere big over here) Tearaway and until dawn. For the coming year MS, alreadyhas Quatum Break, which is considered pretty huge and Crackdown and  Scalebound. Sony will release plenty of games in 2016, although I doubt U4, GT7 and GOW 3 would release in one year. I also see MS announcing a new gears of war for 2016 this E3 and at least one new game during the gamescom which makes sure MS has  5 games for that year already. TLG could release 2015 but it could very well be 2018.

As for Sony P5, tearaway and until dawn are to niche to compeat with the more mass apealling games from MS, I am not saying P5 won't be a good game but it will not outsell one of the MS trio. Tearaway looks cute, but I fear it is not going to do much better than LBP 3 and lastly Until dawn could go either way, with a bit of luck beats the million mark. Yet none of these games are even close to Halo in therms of impact Uncharted was. An anouncement of a game which is delayed for so long no-one outside the gamesite visiting gamers knows it even excists isn't either.

So even with the announcement of GT7 which is already a given anyway, GOW 4 another Uncharted gameplay trailer and a Horizon teaser trailer and quite possibly a quantic dream trailer and a Sony bend or Guerila cambridge surpise announcement. The situation on short or mid therm doesn't really improve for Sony. I even see MS pull another Tomb Raider since they are in to win and this E3 gives them the chance to win the US back.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I don't need much. Announce physical versions of No Man's Sky, Rime and WiLD coming out this year, and I'll be ecstatic. Day of the Tentacle remastered on PS+ would be the cherry on top.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Qwark said:

Horizon is already announced and defenitly will not release in 2015 as Sony stated during PSX expo, Rare already has announced that they wil show their new game at E3. Forza 6 is also already announced for 2015 as is Halo and probably Rise of the tomb raider will release right before christmas. Sony's counter measures on those games are P5 (if it even releases on time in the West and is nowhere big over here) Tearaway and until dawn. For the coming year MS, alreadyhas Quatum Break, which is considered pretty huge and Crackdown and  Scalebound. Sony will release plenty of games in 2016, although I doubt U4, GT7 and GOW 3 would release in one year. I also see MS announcing a new gears of war for 2016 this E3 and at least one new game during the gamescom which makes sure MS has  5 games for that year already. TLG could release 2015 but it could very well be 2018.

As for Sony P5, tearaway and until dawn are to niche to compeat with the more mass apealling games from MS, I am not saying P5 won't be a good game but it will not outsell one of the MS trio. Tearaway looks cute, but I fear it is not going to do much better than LBP 3 and lastly Until dawn could go either way, with a bit of luck beats the million mark. Yet none of these games are even close to Halo in therms of impact Uncharted was. An anouncement of a game which is delayed for so long no-one outside the gamesite visiting gamers knows it even excists isn't either.

So even with the announcement of GT7 which is already a given anyway, GOW 4 another Uncharted gameplay trailer and a Horizon teaser trailer and quite possibly a quantic dream trailer and a Sony bend or Guerila cambridge surpise announcement. The situation on short or mid therm doesn't really improve for Sony. I even see MS pull another Tomb Raider since they are in to win and this E3 gives them the chance to win the US back.

Nobody said Horizon will be released this year.. I think u are confusing between concept art leaks and announcment.. there has been no announcment by GG or Sony. Again I m going on like a broken record Besides Rare MS has nothing to announce.

Glossing over the fact, Battlefront exclusive marketing campaign in tow of StarWars movie is bigger than Halo 5. add to that MGS5

last guardian Announcment will offset Halo 5 momentum.

Forza is becoming a yearly announcment nothing to get excited about, will be easily overshadowed by GT7 Announcment... (Again has not been announced like Forza 6)

and please be clear what is this thread about ... Sony not having anything to announce at E3 or Sony not having anything to compete this fall. Coz in both the cases cant see MS beating Sony With Forza and Halo 5.

Marketing deals with cod, battlefront, MHD, batman, assassins creed and a price drop and people are scared Sony will lose the holiday in the us? Lmao, ms should be the one that is scared.

The question in the thread title is ridiculously stupid and clearly just clickbait so I won't bother answering that, but Sony will have a lot to show at E3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Software_development_studios

Just look at how many development studios they have. GoW4 might be shown. Kill Strain, and hopefully a completely re-worked Drawn to Death will be shown. Media Molecule, Guerrilla, Bend, and London should all have their games shown. Even though people are going bananas over the PS4, they still need SOMETHING to go against Halo 5, and GoW4 might be it. A price cut wont be announced until after the release of MGS5