By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is so hard for Wii U sell 20,000,000?

Wii U to sell 20,000,000 ?

No way for sell less. 29 5.82%

i will be shocked if will sell less... 38 7.63%

50 / 50 chance 91 18.27%

hardly, but not impossible 158 31.73%

not a chance. 182 36.55%

Total:498
tak13 said:
Angelv577 said:

This.  I couldn't say it any better.  Additionally, I don't see the Wii U below $200.  Nintendo is taking too long in slashing prices significantly.

You mean in software!:P

Because in hardware they have been fast...Gamecube got one big in 2002 and another one big in 2003 and 3DS took a huge one in its year of release,there are other paradigms,only wii u breaks the trend...

I'm talking about the WII U, not gamecube.  How many price cut Wii U got in almost 2 years and a half? one?.  It's still too expensive for the average consumer.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Mnementh said:
Dr.Vita said:
NX was already teased, Wii U will be dead in 1-2 years imo.  

If NX is the successor to the WiiU, will Nintendo never replace the 3DS? I think assuming the NX is the 4DS is a safe bet.

Or a fusion of both.

A fusion console is for me the only option, how NX replaces WiiU. But I don't think the fusion concept includes a hybrid handheld/console, I think the concept will push common APIs and OS between the two devices.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

DolPhanTendo said:
Two Words Xenoblade and Splatoon WiiU sells 7 million this year and 10 next year. Also NX is a handheld

Those games won't even hit 2 million in combined sales. 

The Wii U at best will sell 15-16 million LTD. 

The Wii U will be basically forgotten after Zelda U gets released. That will be the Wii U's swansong. Nintendo is not green lighting anymore AAA exclusives for the Wii U. Whatever is already in full development for the Wii U will be the last games the console gets. 

Angelv577 said:
tak13 said:

You mean in software!:P

Because in hardware they have been fast...Gamecube got one big in 2002 and another one big in 2003 and 3DS took a huge one in its year of release,there are other paradigms,only wii u breaks the trend...

I'm talking about the WII U, not gamecube.  How many price cut Wii U got in almost 2 years and a half? one?.  It's still too expensive for the average consumer.

I thought that you were talking in general...

Wii u is overpriced not just expensive,also the most expensive nintendo product ever!

I would specify it,for the consumer that wants it but the price prevent him from buying  it...

tak13 said:
Angelv577 said:

I thought that you were talking in general...

Wii u is overpriced not just expensive,also the most expensive nintendo product ever!

I would specify it,for the consumer that wants it but the price prevent him from buying  it...

That's what I meant.  it's overpriced for the potential consumers. 

Around the Network

146 PEOPLE HAVE VOTED NOT A CHANCE!?!??!?!??!?!?!?
Lol... some people don't even know what is the word "impossible"...
Save this thread for the future.

And probabily not even half of who comment have read the OP.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Lol...

I hope that these people rule out the price cut tactics and voted that...

Anyway,20m it's not as hard as we think,its analysts expectation,okay I'm not say that they are prediction gods and they will be right but analysts have't been generous with nintendo this gen...

Also some have been obsessed with Nintendo NX and come to bad conclusions,I won't say more...

Ryng_Tolu said:

Lol...

I hope that these people rule out the price cut tactics and voted that...

Anyway,20m it's not as hard as we think,its analysts expectation,okay I'm not say that they are prediction gods and they will be right but analysts have't been generous with nintendo this gen...

Also some have been obsessed with Nintendo NX and come to bad conclusions,I won't say more...

Eddie_Raja said:
jonathanalis said:
the price drops will conduct the wii U sales.
it can reach 20M and even pass GC if price drops.
but it could sell 15M if there no more price drops.
IMO.

Price drop or not you really think the Wii U, a console more than half way through its life; will sell most of its units in the second half of its life?

yes i think, because it sold porly in the first half mostly because of the price.

It doesnt need to sell wonderfully to double sales.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Well, i read the OP. And that basically is by far the point.

Expecting somwhere between 3 and (very) optimistic 3.5 million for 2015.

2.5-3 million with Zelda U and at least one really big IP in 2016.

Arround 1-1.5 Consoles in 2017 with at least a few late releases.

definitely under 1 million in 2018 and Nintendo stopping production, zero games except maybe some e-shop indies.

So, being optimistic and Wii U not getting a successor before late 2018 7-9 million units.

As for price cuts, at the same time Wii U is now the Gamecube was already sold for 149,-€. Problem is, theres no way Wii U could get that cheap with Gamepad right now. Maybe 249,-€ with Gamepad and a major hardware revision. Maybe 199,-€ without Gamepad.