By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Weren't As Good As You Remembered

Kingdom Hearts comes to mind. I still like it, but I can't say it's as good as I remember.

Also Starfox Assault. Liked that game a lot when I first played it, but the second time I just found the ground stages tedious.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:

You'll play a game and absolutely love it! -well, you like it a lot anyway... but! Many months, years, or even decades (for some of you) pass and you decide to play it again. But wait, this game... doesn't feel as fun anymore. Or it just doesn't feel as exciting for whatever reason. 

Has this ever happened to you?

Personally the only game thats made me feel that way (that I can remember) is the NSMB series, specifically the DS version.

What a coincidence. I played the game yesterday again and thought the controls were a little slippery.

In a way All of them.

Was looking at an original pack man and space invaders recently, and forgot how huge the pixels were back then.

But even going back to 7th gen is hard now sometimes.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I play Goldeneye on emulator(sue me) and I use a Dual Shock 3 and assign the controls Call of Duty-style and the game still plays like a dream. Going back to the actual N64 version with the single analog stick would be very painful I could imagine, especially if the stick is worn out like most of them are now. Physical N64 controls aside, Goldeneye is still amazing to me. However playing Perfect Dark recently has made me realize that it was not as good as I remembered it. Too many features they tried to cram in turn out incomplete, many levels and their missions are very confusing, the enemy movement is erratic etc. I still love the game but it is not the masterpiece I once thought it was.

Perfect Dark Zero was just all sorts of terrible... What was with the slow-motion movement of the NPCs?

Chazore said:
MGS1,2,3 and 4 come to mind, Starcraft 1, the first two Diablo's looked amazing at the time but just don't feel as amazing as they were back then.

Star Wars Empire at war didn't really age all that well as an RTS since I started playing the expension a few days ago, the cinematic camera angles just make the textures look pretty bad but back then they were good for their time.

I actually did a full playthrough of MGS1 a couple of years ago. I was much younger when I first played the game so I wanted to go through it again to get a refresher on the story and I actually enjoyed it.

Around the Network

Shadow of the Collossus

Super Mario Kart

Mario Kart 64

Tomb Raider (PS1)

Metroid (NES)

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

Mario Kart 64.. I can hardly enjoy the game nowadays!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nem said:

Hmm... i recently got Jet set radio for the Vita. I had played the dreamcast version and the Xbox sequal... and after playing a while i recalled why i never finished the original. The game and the music was cool but the time limit + no indication of where the red arrows you were missing were or how to get there made me realise the game was incredibly flawed in design. I guess it was designed as an arcade game.
JSR Future was alot better. I guess my good memories of Future got mixed with the original and it really isnt the same.

It never came out in the arcade. It's actually one of my favourite games of all time. Finished it about 15 times and never once ran out of time. But I've heard a few people say the time limit killed it for them. I actually hated JSRF (and I paid £299 for an Xbox on release just for it! Halo Schmalo :D)

There was a map on the pause screen I'm sure that had all the tags shown so you could locate them. The idea was to memorise the levels for speed runs. I do think the controls on the HD port were a bit broken though compared with the original.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

AZWification said:

Mario Kart 64.. I can hardly enjoy the game nowadays!

...... I'm sorry but what? Mario kart 64 is even more fun now than it was back then for me.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Beyond good & evil. I could not get into the remaster.