By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Weren't As Good As You Remembered

Skullwaker said:
As much as it pains me to say it, the original Crash trilogy. I adored them as a kid and had a blast while playing them. I still think they're good, but I don't have as much fun as I used to. Maybe it's just because I've played them so much.

At least CTR is still as good as I remember.

I 100% 1-3 and CTR like once every year, since they don't take that long. I think they hold up perfectly.
Last time I finally managed to get all platinum relics in Warped, now that was quite challenging in some levels.

Sure the games get easier every time you finish them, but I never get bored of them, they're just too good.

CTR lost the most for me, mostly because I can't bother doing Time Trial against N. Tropy anymore - I'm just not good enough for that I think.

I really can't bother playing Pokemon Stadium anymore, it's so slow-paced. I remember how I played that game and its sequel for weeks as a teenager.

Around the Network

Old arcade games like X-men, TMNT, The Simpsons, Mortal Kombat series. I just don't have the patience for them that I used to.

And Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention for Sega Genesis. I used to love it when I was a kid, but I suppose Stimpy's farts just aren't as amusing 20 years later.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Runescape and WoW. But I miss those few years when they were amazing to me

It is painful to say it, but The Legend of Zelda and Metroid both come to mind. Gameplay design has just evolved so much since those games came out.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

MGS1,2,3 and 4 come to mind, Starcraft 1, the first two Diablo's looked amazing at the time but just don't feel as amazing as they were back then.

Star Wars Empire at war didn't really age all that well as an RTS since I started playing the expension a few days ago, the cinematic camera angles just make the textures look pretty bad but back then they were good for their time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Skyward Sword. I remember loving it when I first played it, but, when I replayed it last year, I started to notice the filler in the game, beating the same boss 3 times, fetch quests... It's a good game, but not as great as I thought.

Haha the opposite happened for me. I strongly disliked it my first play-through then played it again over Winter Break and found it was actually pretty good. Still my least favorite 3D Zelda but definitely didn't deserve the hate I was giving it. 

For me it would be Mario Party 7, Super Mario Sunshine, Excite Truck, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It wasn't that they were bad games per se, but the awesomeness seemed to have worn off for one reason or another.

With me its exactly the opposite, i started playing older games, and start to love them more than new games xD escpecially NES games, or just any game, im so glad idc about graphics at all, i dont feel graphics are cringe worthy. I enjoy most games i go back and replay or sometimes even more

ReimTime said:
I have a different way of looking at this. I've been playing through several older PS1 games lately, which I remembered from my playthroughs as having some pretty damn good graphics. But now when I play them I can't help but realize how lacking the graphics and character models are by today's standards. For example, Metal Gear Solid

Yeah I tried playing it recently. Hasn't aged well, like a lot of games from it's day. Golden eye same story. That gen definately aged the worse. SNES games for example hold up a lot better today, I think, than most ps1/n64 games.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Golden eye 007 banjo kazooies. Pretty much all old classics really

When I first played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I really liked the game but couldn't continue once I got to a more open area because my computer couldn't take it. Picked it up last year and sadly the game ended up being a massive disappointment. The gameplay felt unbalanced, clunky and at times completely broken.

Got to play Super Mario Bros. again when I got NES Remix II and it really wasn't as fluid as I remember. Took me quite some time to get used to the controls.