By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Weren't As Good As You Remembered

Sonic Adventure for it's terrible camera, boring secondary character gameplay and some slow Sonic sections. Sonic certainly did not transition well to 3D compared to Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

Resident Evil 1-3(Zero inclusive) for the archaic control scheme which is further mad worse by the static camera angles AND erratic changes between camera angles. Running into a zombie by accident was a common occurance. Still love them though and I understand that those static camera angles were due to the limits of technology at the time.

Resident Evil 4 however had no excuse for the tank like controls because it was on 6th generation hardware and yet, there was no strafe option. You still could NOT move whilst aiming/firing. The tank controls were STILL present even though all 6th gen consoles had twin analog sticks.

Crash Bandicoot 1-3. Been playing them on Vita and it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Feels like I'm just running to the end of the level with a few enemies and obstacles in place.

Twilight Princess on Gamecube(never played the Wii version). The right analog stick camera was inverted and was only the the X axis(left and right), you could not look up and down via the right stick alone and had to use the first person button. Feels like it did not progress much from Ocarina of Time even though it was the second(third if you count Majora's Mask) sequel to it.

Of course alot of this is simply because designs have gotten better and we have become spoilt. At the time I loved all those classics.

Around the Network

Perfect Dark Zero, played it when it first game out, mainly 3 player splitscreen. Went back to it and played some 2 player and it was absolute garbage. Awful mechanics, really clunky.

Captain_Yuri said:
Sexy Beach 3! After playing many other illusion games, Sexy Beach 3 had a few things that were missing like girls being able to squirt for example! It was hawt back when I first played it and it is still hawt but not nearly as hawt

LMAO!

Picture removed (NSFW) 

Zelda Ocarina of Time. After the recent sad delay news of the latest iteration of the franchise the timeless classic didn't feel the same as the game I replayed many times as a kid.

.- -... -.-. -..

Silent Hill 4.

It is still a great game, but I had different memories from it; I remember it more scary, tense, and fluid altogether. But replaying it the other day and I realise that it isn't nothing like that. In fact, the combat is very bad, and I know this is something that happens in every single Silent Hill game (even Homecoming), but this one tried a different breed of combat that ultimately makes Henry too clumsy.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts 1. I was so happy when square announced it and preordered months before it released. I remember playing it and wondering when I would start enjoying it. I had to force myself to finish it, but 10 years ago I couldn't get enough of this game.

Currently replaying FF8. I'm really glad to see that it's still as good as I remember it.

I think I will replay SSARPBC soon to see if all my hype is justified.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kingsley's Adventure.

When I was a kid I loved that game as if it was the best game ever created. I would play it whenever I could (until it stopped working) and never got to far since I was 6 years old at the time...
I tried playing it a couple of weeks ago and it was boooooooooooooooooring.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

last of us

Halo 2.