By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Weren't As Good As You Remembered

You'll play a game and absolutely love it! -well, you like it a lot anyway... but! Many months, years, or even decades (for some of you) pass and you decide to play it again. But wait, this game... doesn't feel as fun anymore. Or it just doesn't feel as exciting for whatever reason. 

Has this ever happened to you?

Personally the only game thats made me feel that way (that I can remember) is the NSMB series, specifically the DS version.

Around the Network

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

I loved that game on the 360 back in 2007, and I invested several hours in that game's multiplayer.

Last summer, I tried playing it on the PC, and now it felt extremely bland, and nothing special.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It happened recently with Majora's Mask 3DS, it lost it's atmosphere and the sense of dread that made the original special.

Sexy Beach 3! After playing many other illusion games, Sexy Beach 3 had a few things that were missing like girls being able to squirt for example! It was hawt back when I first played it and it is still hawt but not nearly as hawt

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Sexy Beach 3! After playing many other illusion games, Sexy Beach 3 had a few things that were missing like girls being able to squirt for example! It was hawt back when I first played it and it is still hawt but not nearly as hawt

ahahaha classic

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

I have a different way of looking at this. I've been playing through several older PS1 games lately, which I remembered from my playthroughs as having some pretty damn good graphics. But now when I play them I can't help but realize how lacking the graphics and character models are by today's standards. For example, Metal Gear Solid

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Tried playing Pokemon Stadium earlier and it was nowhere near as fun as it used to be.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Skyward Sword. I remember loving it when I first played it, but, when I replayed it last year, I started to notice the filler in the game, beating the same boss 3 times, fetch quests... It's a good game, but not as great as I thought.

Suikoden Tierkreis was fun the first round but I missed a lot of characters... so I tried to pick it up again but can't.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Yeah...like the Sonic Adventure games, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog...and old Pokemon...

I guess my older self can't just put up the bad controls and level designs as I did with my younger self...and the old Pokemon games just don't feel as expansive and fun as I used to feel like compared to better RPGs I've played and the newer Pokemon games that adds so much. 

Other than that, thankfully a large substantial games I've played still hold up for me.