By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392

well it's another one of those lazy remasters. Trying to get as much money with the least amount of work.
In that case Sony really needs to catch up to Nintendo, MS (yes even with broken online) and some of the third party publishers.
good idea wasted once more.

Around the Network

I don't have a problem with remasters, but I don't like when ports with upped rez are called remasters.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

No backwards compatibilities mean these games exist. They are off games just from the last gen with upped graphics, they are not remade. And generally, I do not own any of the originals so no interest in them. So why would I suddenly be interested in a new version on PS4/Xbone.

Remasters are a weird waste of time but sadly due to the way they have sold (especially GTA), they are going to be made because it is cheap and easy money.

I'd prefer new games.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

No backwards compatibilities mean these games exist. They are off games just from the last gen with upped graphics, they are not remade. And generally, I do not own any of the originals so no interest in them. So why would I suddenly be interested in a new version on PS4/Xbone.

Remasters are a weird waste of time but sadly due to the way they have sold (especially GTA), they are going to be made because it is cheap and easy money.

I'd prefer new games.

Your last line is exactly what's wrong with so many complaints.  Why are so many people under the illusion that these remasters are made instead of a new game.  Santa monica are already working on a new god of war.  This is a little side project being used to fill the summer drought.  I'd rather have this now aswell as god of war 4 later.  The more the merrier.  And nobody is being forced to buy this but millions will because you know they actually want this and find value in it. 

Kerotan said:
The Fury said:

I'd prefer new games.

Your last line is exactly what's wrong with so many complaints.  Why are so many people under the illusion that these remasters are made instead of a new game.  Santa monica are already working on a new god of war.  This is a little side project being used to fill the summer drought.  I'd rather have this now aswell as god of war 4 later.  The more the merrier.  And nobody is being forced to buy this but millions will because you know they actually want this and find value in it. 

Its not a wrong assumption. Porting a game requires resources that would otherwise be pooled to a different project. May not mean a totally different project is developed, but it may speed up the development of a different project.

So, either new game or a faster release. I would still prefer one of those options.

Around the Network

If companies do remasters and only make a straight up port with no real effort going into extra content or remade graphics, then I feel its kind of cheap towards the fans, who should deserve more. However, if MS were to release a Gears of War collection with no extra bling, I would buy it, but I would be critical of it.

Nem said:
Kerotan said:

Its not a wrong assumption. Porting a game requires resources that would otherwise be pooled to a different project. May not mean a totally different project is developed, but it may speed up the development of a different project.

So, either new game or a faster release. I would still prefer one of those options.

What if the GoW4 project stayed on its original course and they got this done aswell?  The coders might have done it before their roles in GoW4 were even ready to take place. 

Kerotan said:

Thanks man. Yeah ps4 remasters definitely get way more hate then any other consoles for some reason. 

Those aren't remasters. They're ports. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Kerotan said:

Thanks man. Yeah ps4 remasters definitely get way more hate then any other consoles for some reason. 

Those aren't remasters. They're ports. 

Funny because apparently this remaster is only a port. I guess that eliminates one of the complaints because both can't be true! 

Kerotan said:
Funny because apparently this remaster is only a port. I guess that eliminates one of the complaints because both can't be true! 

I really don't care about that. I was just correcting your statement.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread