By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392

Should have been the whole trilogy.

I'm not mad, though. Just disappointed.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
ICStats said:

God of Ware Collection came out 3 years after PS3 launch.

There's a long time to go to get more games, or prices to drop.  GoW 1 & 2 are two generations old now so even if they were all bundled, as well as the Vita games, they wouldn't exactly look very good on a PS4 and interest would be lower than so many years ago.

Really getting a PS3 version of GoW 3 converted to PS4 is superior to getting any PS2/Vita games.  What I hear complaints about is not so much why are we getting GoW III remastered, but why is it $40 when they can get a much better deal on PS3, but this is missing the point - when GoW Collection was released on PS3 you could also get those games on a PS2 for next to nothing.  Also in time we'll be able to get this GoW III on PS4 for next to nothing too.

And how is getting a ps4 version of one (of the two) ps3 game better than getting a ps4 version of both ps3 games (3 and ascension) or better yet of all 6? It's not. The mcc had 2 games from the original xbox, ffx and x2 are both ps2 games. Plenty of other remastered games are even older so it's a lame excuse to not include more of the games.

Who said one PS4 version is better than two or six?  You're arguing against something that was never said.

My 8th gen collection

sundin13 said:
ICStats said:

God of Ware Collection came out 3 years after PS3 launch.

There's a long time to go to get more games, or prices to drop.  GoW 1 & 2 are two generations old now so even if they were all bundled, as well as the Vita games, they wouldn't exactly look very good on a PS4 and interest would be lower than so many years ago.

Really getting a PS3 version of GoW 3 converted to PS4 is superior to getting any PS2/Vita games.  What I hear complaints about is not so much why are we getting GoW III remastered, but why is it $40 when they can get a much better deal on PS3, but this is missing the point - when GoW Collection was released on PS3 you could also get those games on a PS2 for next to nothing.  Also in time we'll be able to get this GoW III on PS4 for next to nothing too.

Glad I get to look forward to Sony releasing the same game multiple time to try to get more money out of me...Wait, wasn't that the problem in the first place? Is your argument really that it will just get worse?

I think you're mixing things with when companies release "Super Ultra Mega Complete Edition" copies of games to try to get more money out of you.  I'm talking about games getting cheaper over time.

Hold your wallet, nobody is forcing us to buy Gow III for $40.  Yes I'm happy GoW III was remastered for PS4, because as I've said already, this game will be way cheaper or given away on PS+ soon enough

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
sundin13 said:

Glad I get to look forward to Sony releasing the same game multiple time to try to get more money out of me...Wait, wasn't that the problem in the first place? Is your argument really that it will just get worse?

What?  Games getting cheaper over time is worse?

Hold your wallet, nobody is forcing us to buy Gow III for $40.  Yes I'm happy GoW III was remastered for PS4, because as I've said already, this game will be way cheaper or given away on PS+ soon enough.

I was talking about how you were implying they would just release better collections in a few years, meaning that we would be asked to buy more collections, however, upon rereading, I did misinterpret some of what you were saying...

Forgive me ;~;

because it's the internet...

Around the Network
ICStats said:
Wonktonodi said:

And how is getting a ps4 version of one (of the two) ps3 game better than getting a ps4 version of both ps3 games (3 and ascension) or better yet of all 6? It's not. The mcc had 2 games from the original xbox, ffx and x2 are both ps2 games. Plenty of other remastered games are even older so it's a lame excuse to not include more of the games.

Who said one PS4 version is better than two or six?  You're arguing against something that was never said.

Then what did you me"an when you said "GoW 1 & 2 are two generations old now so even if they were all bundled, as well as the Vita games, they wouldn't exactly look very good on a PS4 and interest would be lower than so many years ago.

Really getting a PS3 version of GoW 3 converted to PS4 is superior to getting any PS2/Vita games"    

i don't care, but it's just better if they include GOW1,2, Ascension

few reasons...

#01 - PS4 owners that already play it on PS3 and not interested to play it again

#02 - PS4 owners that hate all the remastered games

#03 - other platform fans

HollyGamer said:
i don't care, but it's just better if they include GOW1,2, Ascension

That's the thing. People used to praise Sony for their remaster collections. A single game that's 5 years old for $40, mostly untouched graphics and no extras seems like a lazy cash grab.

I will purchase GoWIII Remaster eventually when I get a PS4, but there is no way I'd pay $40. Maybe $20 at most.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

gigantor21 said:
I actually really want to play GoW III on PS4. It was already damn impressive on PS3, and a higher resolution and framerate can only do wonders for it. But Sony and Santa Monica are out of their goddamn minds if they think I'm spending $40 on that.

I'll wait for a sale.

This.

Its not a black and white situation. Many of us are glad it will be on PS4, its the way Sony is doing it that we find disappointing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)