By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392

GTA v came out late gen.. And was remastered and bettered for nexgen.. Tomb raider as well.. And as was the last of us..... How can you better god of war 3? It was fine on ps3..

mM
Around the Network
HokageTenshi said:
few reasons...

#01 - PS4 owners that already play it on PS3 and not interested to play it again

#02 - PS4 owners that hate all the remastered games

#03 - other platform fans

#04 - Some people prefer when Sony does remasters of multiple games. Not just a single old game at a high price.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Because a lot of gamers are under the impression that remasters/ remakes/ rereleases are somehow holding back development of brand new games, when in reality, they're fairly easy to make are simply placeholders to tide people over until the next big release in that series, as well as give people the opportunity to play a game that they might not have had the chance to play in the previous gen(s). I really see nothing wrong with GoW III remaster, as it'll at least help satisfy our GoW appetite until we get more information on the sequel. To add on to that, it would be interesting if, since there's apparently no Ascension remaster, that they rerelease the MP from that game onto PS4 as a standalone or even just tack it on to GoW III. That'll help tide people over as well.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Angelv577 said:
Paatar said:
I don't own a PS4, but my reasoning for hating this is there are too many remastered games. WAY TOO MANY. It's BS at this point.

But why do you care what happens on a platform you don't own and don't plan to, it won't make any different for you.  The ones that should be compaining are xbox/ps owners since they are the one with a lot of remasters on their consoles.

First off, I never said I didn't plan to get a PS4, did I? No.

Second, it doesn't make a difference. I never said it does. It's still stupid though. And you can't deny the fact that there have been way too many remasters this gen.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Angelv577 said:

But why do you care what happens on a platform you don't own and don't plan to, it won't make any different for you.  The ones that should be compaining are xbox/ps owners since they are the one with a lot of remasters on their consoles.

First off, I never said I didn't plan to get a PS4, did I? No.

Second, it doesn't make a difference. I never said it does. It's still stupid though. And you can't deny the fact that there have been way too many remasters this gen.

I know you never said that but you don't seem like the type of user that is interested in getting a ps4.  I have never saw you once  talking about any ps games.  I know it's assumption of my part but until I see you talking about how you got a ps4 or any games related to it, then I will keep believing you are complaining for the whole purpose of complain..

i can't deny that there's a lot of remasters, my problem comes when the complain multiply by 10 everytime Sony do it.  It happened with the TLOUR and it's happening again.  This is the second remaster coming from Sony.

Around the Network

I think people are just tired of the best games of this gen being reskins of last gen games and the PS4 has been leading that charge. Also, the price is laughable. I can buy God of War III used for $2-3. I don't expect them to match used prices, but I can also buy the entire Saga collection new for less than $20. And this is just III, not really looking much improved, still not even hitting a constant 60 fps (this is what I heard anyway, LOL if true), and they apparently want $40.

Also, it's not just non-PS4 owners. I have seen plenty of PS4 owners trashing it.

Mr Puggsly said:
HollyGamer said:
i don't care, but it's just better if they include GOW1,2, Ascension

That's the thing. People used to praise Sony for their remaster collections. A single game that's 5 years old for $40, mostly untouched graphics and no extras seems like a lazy cash grab.

I will purchase GoWIII Remaster eventually when I get a PS4, but there is no way I'd pay $40. Maybe $20 at most.

Yup someone in Sony wasn't thinking, they could have made the game like MCC and add GOW fighting tournament with all God and villain from previous games playable, that would be sick isn't?

Angelv577 said:
Kerotan said:

Can you give examples for the Wii U? 

batman arkham city, deus ex revolution, ninja gaiden 3, need for speed MW, mass effect 3, darksiders 2, watch dogs.  those were released at full price and in some cases ran worse than the ps3,xbox 360version.

Thanks man. Yeah ps4 remasters definitely get way more hate then any other consoles for some reason.  

A_C_E said:

Sony will make money from it. People who like it will buy it. People who don't like it won't buy it. Simple. Why create imaginary problems over a Remaster that has zero effect on the production of any other title?

Couldn't have said it any better myself.  

Mr Puggsly said:
HokageTenshi said:
few reasons...

#01 - PS4 owners that already play it on PS3 and not interested to play it again

#02 - PS4 owners that hate all the remastered games

#03 - other platform fans

#04 - Some people prefer when Sony does remasters of multiple games. Not just a single old game at a high price.

God Of War III: Remastered is for $40. That's not a high price at all.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I think people are just tired of the best games of this gen being reskins of last gen games and the PS4 has been leading that charge. Also, the price is laughable. I can buy God of War III used for $2-3. I don't expect them to match used prices, but I can also buy the entire Saga collection new for less than $20. And this is just III, not really looking much improved, still not even hitting a constant 60 fps (this is what I heard anyway, LOL if true), and they apparently want $40.

Also, it's not just non-PS4 owners. I have seen plenty of PS4 owners trashing it.

PS4 has been leading? In what way? XB1 crrently has just as many remasters of last-gen games as PS4. And I think an upgrade from 720p30fps to 1080p60fps is a huge improvement.

And the few PS4 owners who are trashing it, I can understand as they might want more, but why do the non-PS4 gamers care so much? They shouldn't have been bothered by this announcement.

The other remasters this-gen launched for $60 when the last-gen versions were $20. I didn't see much complaining about them though.