By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392
Skullwaker said:
Kerotan said:
Funny because apparently this remaster is only a port. I guess that eliminates one of the complaints because both can't be true! 

I really don't care about that. I was just correcting your statement.

Not really since its called a remaster lol 

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Mr Puggsly said:

#04 - Some people prefer when Sony does remasters of multiple games. Not just a single old game at a high price.

God Of War III: Remastered is for $40. That's not a high price at all.

For something that's basicially just a simple port, $40 is too much. The God of War Collection on PS3 was $40 and it was two games.

You can even get the God of War Saga Collection for under $20 at this point. These are reasons why people are underwhelmed by this port on PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I always find it unfair how when PS(mainly) and Xbox gets remasters, whether its first or third party games, there's a lot of negativity about it. But when Nintendo gets some ports you hear nothing but praises or at least nothing negative really. Nintendo had Zelda MM, Mario 64, Xenoblade, Pokemon, Resident Evil Zero, 1, 4 etc... I'm honestly trying to recall about any negativity when Nintendo announced a port. If people complain about Nintendo's ports, its not about Nintendo getting ports but their decision of games to port.

Anyways just my observation, every company does it yet some gets hated on while others dont as much.

OT: Opener made great points as to why GoW3 is an acceptable port. Personally I believe, aside from it being the 10yr anniversary, GoW3 is being ported because it'll give gamers a refresh of the what happened last...in time for GoW4? It would be nice if the GoW3 port can include a brief clip summary of all the previous GoW games so fans and newcomers wont feel as lost. Just like how the Yakuza games 3 & 4 both gave summaries for their previous games before them.

Puppyroach said:
If companies do remasters and only make a straight up port with no real effort going into extra content or remade graphics, then I feel its kind of cheap towards the fans, who should deserve more. However, if MS were to release a Gears of War collection with no extra bling, I would buy it, but I would be critical of it.

If MS does a release of single Gears with no improvments other than resolution and frame rate, I'd be extremely disappointed. But I think MS knows better not to do that.

However, putting 3 or 4 games in a single collection with all DLC like Halo:MCC is obviously what fans want.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Kerotan said:
Nem said:

Its not a wrong assumption. Porting a game requires resources that would otherwise be pooled to a different project. May not mean a totally different project is developed, but it may speed up the development of a different project.

So, either new game or a faster release. I would still prefer one of those options.

What if the GoW4 project stayed on its original course and they got this done aswell?  The coders might have done it before their roles in GoW4 were even ready to take place. 

The only way where that would make sense is if they were gonna get laid off. Still, i find it hard to believe more programmers dont speed up development, there is always something to code until the game ships.

Around the Network

Kerotan said: 

No, I'm saying those Wii U games are ports, not remasters. So your whole "The PS4 is criticized the most for its remasters" is incorrect in that circumstance, because those games were never criticized for being remasters because they're not remasters. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:

Kerotan said: 

No, I'm saying those Wii U games are ports, not remasters. So your whole "The PS4 is criticized the most for its remasters" is incorrect in that circumstance, because those games were never criticized for being remasters because they're not remasters. 

Whats the difference though?  A remaster is pretty much a port.  If you mean to say the Wii U ports didn't offer upgrades then actually that's a worse situation then GoW3.  Where was the outrage for that? 

Skullwaker said:

When a painting or a picture gets redone with the intent of a higher quality then it is officially a remaster of a previous painting or picture.

A remaster is a remaster. Now I'm not trying to be an internet parent here and tell you what to say but maybe you should try to know what you are talking about next time?

Kerotan said:
Whats the difference though?  A remaster is pretty much a port.  If you mean to say the Wii U ports didn't offer upgrades then actually that's a worse situation then GoW3.  Where was the outrage for that? 

...You were literally just trying to argue that people's complaints about GOWIII Remaster being a port isn't valid, and now you're saying it is a port? Pick a side, dude. 

Some of the Wii U ports actually did offer upgrades. Games like Deus Ex and Arkham City made full use of the gamepad. I'm talking about graphically, as almost none of the games made full use of the Wii U's technical capabilities.

Regardless, people did complain about the ports being so late and many of them not running properly. Did you not see all the (rightful) bitching about Watch Dogs?

Just stop. Seriously. You're arguing yourself into a corner.

A_C_E said:
When a painting or a picture gets redone with the intent of a higher quality then it is officially a remaster of a previous painting or picture.

A remaster is a remaster. Now I'm not trying to be an internet parent here and tell you what to say but maybe you should try to know what you are talking about next time?

So you're trying to say games like Watch Dogs and Darksiders II were remastered on the Wii U?