By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392
Skullwaker said:
A_C_E said:
When a painting or a picture gets redone with the intent of a higher quality then it is officially a remaster of a previous painting or picture.

A remaster is a remaster. Now I'm not trying to be an internet parent here and tell you what to say but maybe you should try to know what you are talking about next time?

So you're trying to say games like Watch Dogs and Darksiders II were remastered on the Wii U?

lol, what do you think I am trying to say? I'm giving you the definition of a remaster, I'm not going to list EVERY single one just so its clear to you what is what. I'm sure your smart enough to figure that out for yourself. I did not come up with the definition of a remaster so if you have a problem with it then take it up with whom ever came up with the word remaster because they are the ones who would call Watch Dogs and Darksiders II a remaster by deifinition.

Around the Network

just getting tired of remastred specially when sonys first party hasnt been so great this gen , its seems like their best games this gen are from last gen or cross gen
love god of war 3 , but a 1-2 rebuilding , also ghost of sparta and chains of olympus rebuild and a god of war 3 remaster with god of war ascension multiplayer retweaked with zeus , poseiden , hermes ,ares , kratos bro and hercules brother playable would have been a true 10 YEAR anniversary celebration

A_C_E said:
lol, what do you think I am trying to say? I'm giving you the definition of a remaster, I'm not going to list EVERY single one just so its clear to you what is what. I'm sure your smart enough to figure that out for yourself. I did not come up with the definition of a remaster so if you have a problem with it then take it up with whom ever came up with the word remaster because they are the ones who would call Watch Dogs and Darksiders II a remaster by deifinition.

First of all, you can stop with the condescending attitude. It's ridiculous and your defensiveness is uncalled for.

Secondly, I don't care about what 'other people' think a remaster is. There is a distinct difference between a remaster and port. Graphically, those Wii U games are identical (in some cases, worse) than their counterparts. I guess they did a shitty job remastering them, huh?

I'm not getting into semantics, so this conversation ends here. Hopefully our next encounter will be a bit nicer.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:

First of all, you can stop with the condescending attitude. It's ridiculous and your defensiveness is uncalled for.

Secondly, I don't care about what 'other people' think a remaster is. There is a distinct difference between a remaster and port. Graphically, those Wii U games are identical (in some cases, worse) than their counterparts. I guess they did a shitty job remastering them, huh?

I'm not getting into semantics, so this conversation ends here. Hopefully our next encounter will be a bit nicer.

I don't have an attitude and what I said is what I meant. I was giving you the definition of a remaster but it seems you want to put your own definition into it just to fit your agenda. You think your arguing with me but your not, I'm just giving you the definition of the word remaster but you refuse to educate yourself on the topic. And you can pretend all you want that you didn't read this, lol.

McDonaldsGuy said:
kinisking said:

That's weird seeing as how Xbox one has had mcc

Master Chief Collection is a good example of how remasters should be. 4 high selling games, graphical updates, tons of content, and broken online.

On the other hand, God of War III is the last game that needs a remaster. If it remastered God of War I, II, III, and Ascension with some new content and graphical upgrades it would make some sense.

LOLed at that.

I do agree it would be cooler f they had done a remastered collection and I for one hope they eventually bring the other GoW games up to PS4.

And while GoW III doesn't need to be remastered it's cool that they are remstering it and releasing it on the PS4. Can't wait to experience an awesome game for a second (well maybe 4th or 5th) time.

Around the Network
dam4rus said:
I have a problem with PS3->PS4 remasters in general. Yeah, i get it that a lot of Wii and Xbox360 owner didn't had a chance to play these games, but enough is enough. Last gen games still look fine and it's especially true for this game. I could comprehend the motivation of bringing PS2 games to HD (and they were packed in a collection with a budget price), but making a FullHD release of HD games is just money milking.

Here's the full list of retail remasters Sony has made so far this gen:

The Last if US Remastered

That's it. If you wanna be a dick about it, you could include Flower, but that's like saying the PS4 and XBO versions of Minecraft are remasters. So Sony hasn't exactly released a lot of PS3 to PS4 remasters.

As an owner of GoW3 on PS3 and a PS4, I don't care about this remaster in the slightest. It's a little sad non-PS4 owners are dwelling on this release. Guess it's just more votes in the contest of "the internet's popular opinion / consensus." The console war is fought on many fronts...

Skullwaker said:
Kerotan said:
Whats the difference though?  A remaster is pretty much a port.  If you mean to say the Wii U ports didn't offer upgrades then actually that's a worse situation then GoW3.  Where was the outrage for that? 

...You were literally just trying to argue that people's complaints about GOWIII Remaster being a port isn't valid, and now you're saying it is a port? Pick a side, dude. 

Some of the Wii U ports actually did offer upgrades. Games like Deus Ex and Arkham City made full use of the gamepad. I'm talking about graphically, as almost none of the games made full use of the Wii U's technical capabilities.

Regardless, people did complain about the ports being so late and many of them not running properly. Did you not see all the (rightful) bitching about Watch Dogs?

Just stop. Seriously. You're arguing yourself into a corner.

You see my friend,  that's my point!  Half the complaints are about it being another remaster and the other half saying it's a port.  I don't need to pick a side because technically it can be both.  watchdogs was a downgrade so I'm not surprised. A better example of a game not getting hate would be the xenoblade port /remaster coming this year. 

Skullwaker said:
A_C_E said:

Straight ports are worse than remasters.

Barozi said:
well it's another one of those lazy remasters. Trying to get as much money with the least amount of work.
In that case Sony really needs to catch up to Nintendo, MS (yes even with broken online) and some of the third party publishers.
good idea wasted once more.

No way, the only Nintendo remaster on Wii U also includes a single game but at $50. This one is a single game for $40. So tell me, where exactly does Sony have to catch up with Nintendo in terms of remasters? You should thinki before you say something.