By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392
Barozi said:
GTAexpert said:
Barozi said:

and you should better calm down. No need for an attack like that.

One is a proper remaster with added dynamic light and shadow, reworked textures and gameplay tweaks; the other is a 1:1 port from the PS3 with an added photo mode.
1080p and 60FPS aren't exactly game features. That's hardware dependant.

So is The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, and all remasters. And I'm sure God Of War III: Remastered will have much better textures and improved lighting, those were some of the things improved in The Last Of Us: Remastered, even if they weren't explicitly stated.

Oh and as I said, its $10 cheaper too.

No you don't seem to understand. Those "features" (1080p and 60FPS) are PURELY hardware dependant. There's no real work involved here. It's just a small change in the settings of the game. Run in 1080p and lock the framerate at 60FPS.

As for GoW3 Remaster they've already made comparison shots from the trailer. Absolutely no change in lighting and the textures seem to have minimal improvement at best but it could also very well be that the PS4 version is a bit darker mixed with a higher contrast.

I love GoW3 but I wouldn't pay $40 for the same exact game just upscaled to 1080p (and 60FPS).

They still have 3 months to work on God Of War III: Remastered. It will certainly have better textures and lighting. Otherwise, they could have released this game now if they didn't have any real work to do.

Around the Network

Old enough no problem to me...

GTAexpert said:
Barozi said:

No you don't seem to understand. Those "features" (1080p and 60FPS) are PURELY hardware dependant. There's no real work involved here. It's just a small change in the settings of the game. Run in 1080p and lock the framerate at 60FPS.

As for GoW3 Remaster they've already made comparison shots from the trailer. Absolutely no change in lighting and the textures seem to have minimal improvement at best but it could also very well be that the PS4 version is a bit darker mixed with a higher contrast.

I love GoW3 but I wouldn't pay $40 for the same exact game just upscaled to 1080p (and 60FPS).

They still have 3 months to work on God Of War III: Remastered. It will certainly have better textures and lighting. Otherwise, they could have released this game now if they didn't have any real work to do.

Then why show it now in that complete unfinished state where you can't even see the changes? Unlike Nintendo did it with WWHD.
Also the work lies in porting the game from PS3 to PS4. That takes a few months (of course depending on the size of the team).
Read my edited post again. It looks like it's going to be just like one of those PS2 to PS3 remasters.

Barozi said:
GTAexpert said:
Barozi said:

Then why show it now in that complete unfinished state where you can't even see the changes? Unlike Nintendo did it with WWHD.
Also the work lies in porting the game from PS3 to PS4. That takes a few months (of course depending on the size of the team).
Read my edited post again. It looks like it's going to be just like one of those PS2 to PS3 remasters.

That would be unexpected if they don't improve the textures and lighting.

But I would buy it. Its my second favourite game of all time, and its been 3 years since I played it last time. I have it on PS3, but I would rather play it at 1080p60fps, because for me 720p to 1080p and 30fps to 60fps is also a big improvement.

Barozi said:

It's pretty much exactly like 90% of their remasters. Zero effort involved. Just look at all the "... Collection" (also many third party efforts included here) in the PS3 library. I own the GoW Collection. It's the same as the PS2 games. Just upscaled and 60FPS. If all PS3 were backwards compatible, I'd much rather bought the PS2 versions.

The GOW and the other collections also add trophies. While not important for some they do add some value. Also many of the ones you thing were nothing added 3D, again not something for everyone but that is more than just upscaling. Also why would you buy the ps2 versions of GOW instead of the collectionunless you were buying used you probably would have paid around the same for the two games (20 each )as you would have the collection 40.

God of war 3 though won't be adding trophies as new since they were already there, while it might be a seperate list, that's still far from the remasters and collections that added the feature.  I doubt they will be adding 3d though if they did that would make me a little less harsh on it. In addition it won't be a collection when the prior games are mostly in a collection and even with acention you can get all 6 games new on the ps3 than the one game will go for on the ps4.

Around the Network

It just makes no sense, I mean, I understand sony remastering PS3 games on PS4. A lot of PS4 owners never had a PS3, so I can see why they are doing this. What DOESN'T make sense is the fact that they are remastering GoW III, just, why? I could understand a GoW I remaster, but what would make the most sense is a GoW Trilogy Remastered. This is just an obvious cash grab in my opinion

Remasters are the bane on the modern gaming industry, ESPECIALLY if they are only 1 gen old.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda