By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield Hardline Looks to be a Flop....

Out of BF3,4 and Hardline, this has the best Campaign by a mile. Thing is though you don't buy BF for the campaign, so I feel bad for Visceral.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

ok. Point me where I can find a good AAA Platformer. I think 3D Mario World is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? Rayman Legends?

ok we are up to 3. I can think of 10+ FPS games released in the past year. The point is not that no makes them, the point is there are not many. I can't think of one AAA 3D Platformer released in the past 12 months.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

The game feels very different from BF3 or 4. Feels like a cheap mobile shooter.....Definetly not worth $60.
I guess BF3 will be the last great BF. Dice either lost too much talent or they just don't care to try anymore.

tokilamockingbrd said:
curl-6 said:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? Rayman Legends?

ok we are up to 3. I can think of 10+ FPS games released in the past year. The point is not that no makes them, the point is there are not many. I can't think of one AAA 3D Platformer released in the past 12 months.

Oh I definitely agree there should be more platformers with actual production value.

The campaign is actually not bad, but MP sucks tho, Blood Money mode is pretty fun tho.

Around the Network

I doubt it's going to be an outright flop; it may underperform relative to BF3/BF4, but it will do decent numbers on the strength of the Battlefield brand name alone.

ReimTime said:

Yes, agree. Poor ratings and it looks like poor sales. 24h peak across all platforms was 270,000 apparently. Kind of ironic since they delayed it from last fall (when COD AW/Halo MCC/Destiny were releasing) because they probably feared for its sales.

My opinion? It feels like an expansion of BF4. Its sales and reception accurately portray that and rightfully so

It would have been more successful as a $30 expansion to BF4.  Add like 8 new maps, new gamemodes, and 20 new weapons.  Heck they could have bundled it with Premium and BF4 and sold it for $60 again.  38 MP maps for $60 is a great deal!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
ReimTime said:

Yes, agree. Poor ratings and it looks like poor sales. 24h peak across all platforms was 270,000 apparently. Kind of ironic since they delayed it from last fall (when COD AW/Halo MCC/Destiny were releasing) because they probably feared for its sales.

My opinion? It feels like an expansion of BF4. Its sales and reception accurately portray that and rightfully so

It would have been more successful as a $30 expansion to BF4.  Add like 8 new maps, new gamemodes, and 20 new weapons.  Heck they could have bundled it with Premium and BF4 and sold it for $60 again.  38 MP maps for $60 is a great deal!

I think it would have as well. I have no reference for the development timeline so I don't truly know how much time was put into it, but I really feel as if the end product is an expansion of BF4

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Eddie_Raja said:
ReimTime said:

I think it would have as well. I have no reference for the development timeline so I don't truly know how much time was put into it, but I really feel as if the end product is an expansion of BF4

Well I play A LOT of BF4 on PC, and it is hilarious how much the community has been mocking this game.  It is practically the unanimous opinion of BF's hardcore that this game should have been an expansion (That we would have all bought btw).

I mean sure you could also say that BF4 was an expansion of BF3, but frankily it did add enough to truly be its own evolution of the series.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Don't plan on buying this game because it doesn't look like my cup of tea but just wanted to mention 270k is a pretty decent amount for peak concurrent users. Actual sales will be ALOT more than twice as much.

Just for comparison, Halo 4's peak concurrent users was 410k and it sold 3.6mil its first week. That is nearly 9 times as much sales to concurrent users. Now I expect Hardline's online ratio to be a little higher than Halo 4's considering most of the players are on new consoles but I still wouldn't be surprised if hardline does close to 2mil its first week. I would expect at least 1mil.