By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield Hardline Looks to be a Flop....

So going by this official battlefield hardline stats website:

http://bfhstats.com/

It has less than 250k people playing.

Now since this game is reletively new most people will be playing it.

So I think this could mean less than 500k first week(on all platforms so xbox 360.one, pc, and ps4/3)

which would be significantly down from previous battlefield games and terrible for a game thats on 5 platforms.

As much as I dont like this game I do feel sorry for it since it looks to do rather poorly sales wise for being a blockbuster franchise and will probably have short legs since it is suppose to be not really a good battlefield game.

Agree?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Yes, agree. Poor ratings and it looks like poor sales. 24h peak across all platforms was 270,000 apparently. Kind of ironic since they delayed it from last fall (when COD AW/Halo MCC/Destiny were releasing) because they probably feared for its sales.

My opinion? It feels like an expansion of BF4. Its sales and reception accurately portray that and rightfully so

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ka-pi96 said:
I wouldn't feel sorry for it at all.

If it flops then EA deserve it. The screwed up the launch of the previous Battlefield game so people not buying straight away would make a lot of sense. They also made a game that isn't that much like previous Battlefield games and just gave it some Battlefield stuff as a way to try and boost its sales. They wanna milk their franchises to death then they can't really complain once it runs dry...

Yeah I love battlefield

played it since battlefield 1942

but this game just sucks.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Good the more FPS games that don't sell well the higher the chance other non-FPS projects get greenlit.

CoD, Halo, Destiny, and BF(non spinoffs) are more than enough FPS games. Give us some AAA PLATFORMERS!!!!!

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Those PC numbers are really bad.... not even a quarter of either next gen current gen consoles.
A bit strange since BF4 is close to PS4 and has more players than X1.
http://bf4stats.com/

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
Good the more FPS games that don't sell well the higher the chance other non-FPS projects get greenlit.

CoD, Halo, Destiny, and BF(non spinoffs) are more than enough FPS games. Give us some AAA PLATFORMERS!!!!!

Theres more platformers than fps's around, you must be looking on the wrong platforms.

tokilamockingbrd said:

I could do with more FPS like Bioshock series and Wolfenstein TNO, but I agree with the rest of your statement.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Disappointed...

I'll wait until NPD. We thought Evolve was a flop as well until NPD showed us that it was being undertracked.

I loved BF3 and BF4 and put in about 2000 hours of gameplay. Getting BF4 at launch left a bad taste in my mouth. Seeing this game get negative reviews and a low player count sort of makes me happy due to my YEAR long aggravation with BF4.
Serves them right! I will likely not pick this game up because of it.