By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

This is one of those wait and see games anyway. The latest releases have all been let downs.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
gooch_destroyer said:

To be fair, XIII-2 was alright.

Yeah, that one was decent enough. Not a good FF game, but a decent game on its own.

XIII-1/3 though...

lol. Well, I was gonna get LR: Final Fantasy 13 though.

morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

This post is all that is needed. 

What I find bizarre is that people question certain ports and their success as if it in anyway affects them. Even if FFXV sells 100 copies on the Xbox One, will it make the game any less fun for those of you who did buy it? If you're truly a fan of the series then you'd want as many people to get the chance to play it as possible, not suggest that it should stay exclusive to a certain console.

Every other week or month a game comes out on both platforms and we go back to square one of "what game doesn't deserve to be on XB1" and I'm here like:

I can't wait to see this type of thread again when KH3 releases.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Nah.

You have to remember that the deal for FFXV on XB was made before these consoles even released. That means that SE didnt have faith in the PS4 being able to carry the franchise.

In reality, this is a quick and easy port and its gonna go on to be a Million seller. SE will build a fanbase on XBO, sell a bunch of DLC and importantly... Make a lot of money.

They dont care about console wars or resolution wars, they care about money.

Now Sony fans can't say that is an exclesive

shikamaru317 said:

The thing is that I've talked to alot of Xbox gamers that told me they skipped Ground Zeroes and Type-0 HD because of their low value, but will buy MGS V: TPP and FFXV. I personally rented Ground Zeroes and will wait to buy Type-0 HD until it's on sale, but plan to buy both FFXV and MGS V: TPP Day 1. It is anecdotal evidence, but it is enough to make me believe that both MGS V: TPP and FFXV will sell much better on XB1 than Ground Zeroes and Type-0 HD did.

This ^^^

When GZ came out on Steam last year it came in at around £11, I don't recall the console versions costing as low as £11 and that price was eprfectly fine value for me but if they asked me a fullon £30-40 they can jog right on because there's not that much value in such a short demo version of a game and this is coming from a MGS fan who's played the whole series for years, there is most definitely a value when it comes to pricing, not everyone sees $60 or £50 as great value, in fact I see that as too hgiher asking price ebcause if the game is very short, buggy and broken then you've effectively conned the gamers out of thier hard earned money.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So these games sell far less on Xbox because of that fanbase having better taste? Good grief

They sell less on Xbox because that console's fanbase has less interest in Japanese games. There is a reason MS focuses so heavily on only a few genres. They would never, for instance, fund their own JRPG like Sony would. Trying to switch the narrative to Xbox fans having more discerning tastes is laughable. Plenty of high rated Japanese games have come and gone with a much better attach rate on PS, and that will always be the case.

shikamaru317 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

While Type-0 might be overpriced, which depends on the user really, I don't see how anyone could come to conclusion it sold poorly because of "value". If that's the case then why would a great game with value like Sunset Overdrive sell as low as it did? Some genres and games just won't sell relatively well on Xbox, regardless of value, because the game doesn't appeal to the overall fanbase.

The thing is that I've talked to alot of Xbox gamers that told me they skipped Ground Zeroes and Type-0 HD because of their low value, but will buy MGS V: TPP and FFXV. I personally rented Ground Zeroes and will wait to buy Type-0 HD until it's on sale, but plan to buy both FFXV and MGS V: TPP Day 1. It is anecdotal evidence, but it is enough to make me believe that both MGS V: TPP and FFXV will sell much better on XB1 than Ground Zeroes and Type-0 HD did.

That won't be that hard to do, no offense. Also that still doesn't answer the question as to why something like Sunset Overdrive sold less than it deserved. Did Xbox gamers see low value in that as well? I'm just trying to say that maybe it isn't value that is stopping XBO owners from buying those games, but because there are less fans of those games on the system.