By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

StarOcean said:
There's definitely an audience, but it's a much much smaller audience. I think it'll be obvious that the game will be prioritized for PS4 over the X1 version. If you're a hardcore FF fan you probably own a PS4 anyway so its a non-issue. But for first time players that get it on X1 they may have a more watered down experience which is a shame.

I know plenty of hardcore ff players that only hav xbox systems and they were pretty confident they would get 15 after 13 was relased on the xbox 360. A slight resolution and frame drop really doesn't warrant the word watered down given this is a demo and the game is months out and will b optimized o both platforms.

Around the Network

The X1 version will sell significantly less than the PS4 version, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't sell enough for SE to make a tidy profit (thus justifying the port). Porting between the PS4 and X1 is relatively simple.

Idk, maybe the game is a mistake in general since it ran like crap on PS4 too. /s

Ruler said:

I think xbox fans should seriously worry that jrpgs go completly away from their consoles. You should buy type-0 and support it, its a good deal for the money

Wouldn't say that it's a good deal for your money... It's the laziest port I've ever seen and it's being sold as a full price game. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying it though. 

As long as Square doesn't say it is a mistake or turn XVI exclusive again, it's not a mistake.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

I think xbox fans should seriously worry that jrpgs go completly away from their consoles. You should buy type-0 and support it, its a good deal for the money

$60 for a PSP game is a good deal huh? Square Enix sure has some loyal fans lol

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I think it can pass 1m sales on X1 which is more than worth the port.  The game appeals to FF fans and is reaching a new fanbase.  Almost every youtube video about this game I see some comments saying they've never played  FF game before but with the new direction they will now.

I dunno I dont think the XBO version will reach 1M. According to vgc XIII 360 sold 2.1M worldwide but I doubt that considering it moved 495k (vs 828k PS3) in its opening month in its primary region the US (and I doubt the game had any legs due to the backlash). The 360 was much more popular than PS3 in the US and got a FFXIII bundle. My prediction is that FFXV XBO version won't move more than 200K in its opening month in the US.

shikamaru317 said:

No, it's not a mistake. Porting between PS4 and XB1 is cheap enough that they'll likely turn a profit from as few as 100k sales for the XB1 version, and I get the feeling lifetime sales will hit at least 1 million for the XB1 version. As for the performance, there is still another year or more of dev time ahead of FFXV, and new SDK's that improve performance will surely release during that time, I'm sure they'll be able to manage at least 720p at a stable 30 fps, and quite likely 900p at a stable 30 fps.

Also, you're wrong about Type-0 HD on XB1, it was in the top 100 for over a week and a half.

Type-0 on the XB1 is not in the top 100 for March while the PS4 version is at number 5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03/videogames

If it cracked the top 100 in the hourly charts, it was just barely.  Quite a pathetic showing.

More money is not a mistake, never.

whatever said:
shikamaru317 said:

No, it's not a mistake. Porting between PS4 and XB1 is cheap enough that they'll likely turn a profit from as few as 100k sales for the XB1 version, and I get the feeling lifetime sales will hit at least 1 million for the XB1 version. As for the performance, there is still another year or more of dev time ahead of FFXV, and new SDK's that improve performance will surely release during that time, I'm sure they'll be able to manage at least 720p at a stable 30 fps, and quite likely 900p at a stable 30 fps.

Also, you're wrong about Type-0 HD on XB1, it was in the top 100 for over a week and a half.

Type-0 on the XB1 is not in the top 100 for March while the PS4 version is at number 5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03/videogames

If it cracked the top 100 in the hourly charts, it was just barely.  Quite a pathetic showing.

Sounds like quite an intelligent showing from the Xbox gamers if you ask me. If it were anymore obvious like half of Type 0's price tag was for FFXV demo admission they might as well have gone on kickstarter and asked fans to pitch in for the rest of the full game's development. 

Type 0 at $60 is nothing short of robbery lol