By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

OK...OK...OK...

I want to ask: why are some people liking this comment alot? Is there something about it that makes this situation ironic? Maybe I would like it if I understand. Thanks.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Legend11 said:
I think the problem with Square Enix and other Japanese third parties in general is the fact they chose to stay exclusively with the Playstation platform for too long. You now have games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy being outsold by Call of Duty and Skyrim. It would make no sense at this point to not port Final Fantasy XV unless they want to further diminish the series.

They stayed in the 90's through out the 2000's. They dismissed Xbox platform because Japanese folks didn't adopt it.

However, what they didn't see clearly was that, the gaming world was expanding and Japan was not the center anymore.

Japan was never the center, they were just a major player. They still are even though they arent gaming on consoles as much as handhelds these days.

HollyGamer said:
mymuro said:

You should feel guilty for specking the truth lol.

the real truth among the truth is xbox fans dont care with jrpg lol. 

Its not that they don't care its that most don't know. There is a difference between caring and knowing. You cannot understand the value of something you don't know about. Sony's games collection have historically been more cultured because thats just how Sony developers and endorses games in their neck of the woods. Microsoft is trying to mirror Sony so people cannot tell the difference.

Yes a great mistake... JRPG's never were strong on Xbox... The majority of that audience are with Sony and Nintendo.

darkenergy said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

OK...OK...OK...

I want to ask: why are some people liking this comment alot? Is there something about it that makes this situation ironic? Maybe I would like it if I understand. Thanks.

I think he is referring to some Sony fan's calls for exclusivity who would consider it a mistake for SE to go multiplat with FFXV

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

OMG LOL!! Made my day.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
HollyGamer said:
mymuro said:

You should feel guilty for specking the truth lol.

the real truth among the truth is xbox fans dont care with jrpg lol. 

Its not that they don't care its that most don't know. There is a difference between caring and knowing. You cannot understand the value of something you don't know about. Sony's games collection have historically been more cultured because thats just how Sony developers and endorses games in their neck of the woods. Microsoft is trying to mirror Sony so people cannot tell the difference.

yeah, that's true, but i just dont like their movement on JRPG exclusivity on 7 gen era.

It will be a mistake if thé X1 version is as bas as bayonetta on PS3

All this money lost for a pour version' whereas thé game could have been better as a PS4 exclusive

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

Yeah, this thread should have ended with this post!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

binary solo said:
VXIII said:

If the final game is well received ( which is very, very likely considering the general reaction to the demo ) I think the game will sell enough to be considered a successful investment. I think it will sell 1.5M at least on XOne.

On the other hand, we will never know how the game would have benefited from the exclusivity in term of sales due to hype and a possible extensive marketing push from Sony.

Keep in mind that supporting both consoles is a long term investment. SE want to expand the fanbase for future titles as well. For example, look at how Skyrim sold on both consoles. Every company want that.

That's a very ambitious prediction. Based on the assumption that many people inclined twoards FF have moved from 360 to PS4, lets face it, it's unlikely to be shooter fans who've made the move, cracking 1 million will be a challenge. My guess is 750K, which is plenty enough for SE to consider it to have been worth the effort.

The only way I'd say making this game for Xb one would be a mistake, for Sony fans indeed, is if SE could have made a better looking and performing game on PS4 had they been able to focus 100% on PS4. But that's a problem for PS4 / PS4 fans not a problem for SE or MS, or for Xb one fans.

I think Final Fantasy XV will find a new audience outside of the usual FF fan base. It seems like many people are interested in XV that have never been interested in the previous FF titles. That is because of to the new direction, mature theme and action based battle system. I think 1.5-2M is achievable.