By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:
mymuro said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

You should feel guilty for specking the truth lol.

the real truth among the truth is xbox fans dont care with jrpg lol. 

That's not the whole truth. Japanese devs never bothered growing JRPG fanbase on Xbox platforms.

For example, Lost Odyssey sold like the best selling Persona game. Blue Dragon sold more than any Persona.

Only one Tales of Xillia sold more than BD.

That was in 2007/08, they never capitalized on the interest of Xbox gamers on JRPGs.

Jap. devs wanted moneyhat from MS. That's their bad.

thats actually false. MS was the ones to moneyhat them which is why they even got those games as exclusives in the first place. Fact is they tried and it didnt work, those games didnt sell enough where MS wanted to continue to moneyhat and Japan devs were going to continue to support, it would make no sense for htem to do so when in their home country xbox is a non factor.

Edit: Your numbers are odd as well, why compare LO to Persona? they are not even the same type of game, but even then it actually makes LO look worse. Do you really wanna compare LO a game that released much earlier and to a much bigger audience to a PORT of a PS2 game released on handheld? Even then P4Golden did better if we throw in digital numbers which make up about an additional 15% sales.

Why not compare Tales to other Tales games? Tales games do better on PS systems despite them not being released until much later in their lives. If im a Japanese dev ya damn right i want MS to give me money cause i most likely wont make up for it in sales of the game at least not as much as i would other systems.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:
mymuro said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

That's not the whole truth. Japanese devs never bothered growing JRPG fanbase on Xbox platforms.

For example, Lost Odyssey sold like the best selling Persona game. Blue Dragon sold more than any Persona.

That was in 2007/08, they never capitalized on the interest of Xbox gamers on JRPGs.

Even if Japanese developer care for money only, Xbox fans never care or bother with JRPG genre.  Microsoft is smarter, and will not make the same mistake anymore by not money hating   jrpg on Xbox one this time.

HollyGamer said:
Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:
mymuro said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

even if Japanese developer care for money only, Xbox fans dont care, so Microsoft is smarter and will not make the same mistake anymore on Xbox one.

people act as if MS didnt try they did. There is a word for doing something over and over again expecting different results. MS isnt even in the same postion now as they were with the early years of 360

oniyide said:
HollyGamer said:
Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:
mymuro said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

even if Japanese developer care for money only, Xbox fans dont care, so Microsoft is smarter and will not make the same mistake anymore on Xbox one.

people act as if MS didnt try they did. There is a word for doing something over and over again expecting different results. MS isnt even in the same postion now as they were with the early years of 360

Yup agree with u, now they don't have any luxury to dictate the market, now they have to follow Sony on the market.

oniyide said:
Goatseye said:

thats actually false. MS was the ones to moneyhat them which is why they even got those games as exclusives in the first place. Fact is they tried and it didnt work, those games didnt sell enough where MS wanted to continue to moneyhat and Japan devs were going to continue to support, it would make no sense for htem to do so when in their home country xbox is a non factor.

Edit: Your numbers are odd as well, why compare LO to Persona? they are not even the same type of game, but even then it actually makes LO look worse. Do you really wanna compare LO a game that released much earlier and to a much bigger audience to a PORT of a PS2 game released on handheld? Even then P4Golden did better if we throw in digital numbers which make up about an additional 15% sales.

Why not compare Tales to other Tales games? Tales games do better on PS systems despite them not being released until much later in their lives. If im a Japanese dev ya damn right i want MS to give me money cause i most likely wont make up for it in sales of the game at least not as much as i would other systems.

How does MS moneyhatt Mistwalker, if they helped Sakaguchi fiancially get the studio started? Did Mistwalker gamehatt them back?

I meant to compare Shin Megami Tensei. To me they were the same.

It's a waste of time arguing with you just by reading the last sentence.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

Yup agree with u, now they don't have any luxury to dictate the market, now they have to follow Sony on the market.

Japanese games don't set the trend on the market, to make a manufacturer deviate from their plans.

Eight gen is a year old and there will be a lot of development through out its life cycle. Let's see by the end of it who will be following who and where will Japanese game industry will be.

Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:

Japanese games don't set the trend on the market, to make a manufacturer deviate from their plans.

Eight gen is a year old and there will be a lot of development through out its life cycle. Let's see by the end of it who will be following who and where will Japanese game industry will be.

you missed the point. What he is saying is when MS tried they had the upper hand, sure they probably were never going to win over Japan and Europe to a lesser extent but it was fine cause they had US on lock and could have had those fans buy those JRPGs on their system, not a bad plan but it did not work. 

Now they have no upper hand anywhere. They are getting killed WW and in the US they are getting beaten. That has nothing to do with trends it is what it is, yes the gen is still young but even 360 stopped getting those kinds of games after a couple of years on the market i dont see no reason why that would change now. 

Of course it's a huge mistake. More money and fans is fucking terrible for a company like SquareEnix.

Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:

Lol i am not talking about Japanese developer, i am talking about Microsot don't have any lead in this generation, so even money hating is not enough because Sony beside leading on sales, they also have the budget to money hating any ip. So what i  mean is, Xbox one is different with Xbox 360, it's like PS2 is different then PS3 interms  potential game library.

shikamaru317 said:

No, it's not a mistake. Porting between PS4 and XB1 is cheap enough that they'll likely turn a profit from as few as 100k sales for the XB1 version, and I get the feeling lifetime sales will hit at least 1 million for the XB1 version. As for the performance, there is still another year or more of dev time ahead of FFXV, and new SDK's that improve performance will surely release during that time, I'm sure they'll be able to manage at least 720p at a stable 30 fps, and quite likely 900p at a stable 30 fps.

Also, you're wrong about Type-0 HD on XB1, it was in the top 100 for over a week and a half.

That's kinda the point of his thread. It's going to take a lot of time and resources to get it working with the PS4 version, so it's not longer very cheap to port.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.