By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:

the real truth among the truth is xbox fans dont care with jrpg lol. 

That's not the whole truth. Japanese devs never bothered growing JRPG fanbase on Xbox platforms.

For example, Lost Odyssey sold like the best selling Persona game. Blue Dragon sold more than any Persona.

Only one Tales of Xillia sold more than BD.

That was in 2007/08, they never capitalized on the interest of Xbox gamers on JRPGs.

Jap. devs wanted moneyhat from MS. That's their bad.

Relying on VGC Western tracking of JRPGs is generally a bad idea. Just a pro tip for you.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:

Yup agree with u, now they don't have any luxury to dictate the market, now they have to follow Sony on the market.

Japanese games don't set the trend on the market, to make a manufacturer deviate from their plans.

Eight gen is a year old and there will be a lot of development through out its life cycle. Let's see by the end of it who will be following who and where will Japanese game industry will be.

Lol i am not talking about Japanese developer, i am talking about Microsot don't have any lead in this generation, so even money hating is not enough because Sony beside leading on sales, they also have the budget to money hating any ip. So what i  mean is, Xbox one is different with Xbox 360, it's like PS2 is different then PS3 interms  potential game library.

This lead is really insignificant. In this instance, how much money did Square Enix sink into FFXV for the past 10 years?

Do you think just PS4 will make SE recoup their investment? Tomb Raider took 3 platforms for original release and a remaster on 2 other platforms to make SE money.

outlawauron said:
Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:

the real truth among the truth is xbox fans dont care with jrpg lol. 

That's not the whole truth. Japanese devs never bothered growing JRPG fanbase on Xbox platforms.

For example, Lost Odyssey sold like the best selling Persona game. Blue Dragon sold more than any Persona.

Only one Tales of Xillia sold more than BD.

That was in 2007/08, they never capitalized on the interest of Xbox gamers on JRPGs.

Jap. devs wanted moneyhat from MS. That's their bad.

Relying on VGC Western tracking of JRPGs is generally a bad idea. Just a pro tip for you.

Where do you get the correct numbers?

Goatseye said:
outlawauron said:

You just have to rely on what NPD/chart track numbers we get or whenever a publisher announces shipment numbers. It's not really for one single platform either. There are exceptions to this, but I've found time and time again that VGC has overtracked them. Likely an issue with their sample size in relation to the rest of the market.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
It would probably sell more on the ps3 or vita they should have made one of them the second choice.

It would sell better on PS3, but X1 is the easiest port to do given the specs.

If they were going to bother doing a PS3 version, then a 360 version would exist as well because those assests would be easy to port.

Yeah you're right.  They should have made a ps3 and 360 version if they wanted to maximise sales.  Personally I'm happy it's next gen only. 

Around the Network
Augen said:
Hard to say, need to know some things and honestly some of them are estimations.

1. Cost to port to X1
2. Additional sales and profits to titles due to port

Essentially if 2 exceeds 1 by a certain factor it is not a mistake. If not, then it is.

The issue is defining these. The cost is likely not much as others have pointed out the similar architecture reduces costs quite a bit. The harder point to define is additional sales. Many people think the following. Game sold X on system A and Y on system B, therefore porting to system B added Y sales. The flaw in this thinking is that without the port the amount X on system A is guaranteed to be greater. The challenge is estimating what that X would have been and how it compares to X+Y.

The other talking point could be does porting expand a brand versus does it dilute it by not being as "special" to a particular base.

Honestly I am not sure, but if I can play games I want not bothered that people that own other systems can enjoy them as well.

People like you give me hope. Thanks for this great post. I couldn't agree more.

oniyide said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undisovery and MagnaCarta 2 those where only available on the 360

that was on 360...years ago. Would they do those NOW? i think thats the question he is asking

Who knows the generation is still a long way from being over so nobody knows.  Plus Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonato also first appeared on the 360.

outlawauron said:
Goatseye said:

You just have to rely on what NPD/chart track numbers we get or whenever a publisher announces shipment numbers. It's not really for one single platform either. There are exceptions to this, but I've found time and time again that VGC has overtracked them. Likely an issue with their sample size in relation to the rest of the market.

There are also numerous 360 games that are undertracked like Dead or Alive 4.

That's wierd, sometimes games are a little lower in resolution, but as in AC Unity, COD: AW and some other one I can't think of, the Xbox has a more stable frame rate.

But they will be getting DX 12 and have lots of development time, but seems like they are doing something wrong.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Were most ps3 multiplats a mistake too?

Lets not beat around the Bush here, poor performance on a demo released god knows how long before the retail build, is really no reason to write off the build.