By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita is starting to do good!

I'm impressed by how decent it did considering the lack of system sellers right now, only niche games have been released in NA these months.

Around the Network

Again: Don't do this to yourself Dr. Vita.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Again: Don't do this to yourself Dr. Vita.

With china launch and better japan sales he's only getting started.  Buckle up!! 

For me it's an slight sales increase that means that Vita isn't entirely doomed yet, but still not doing that well either.

FableHero said:
Sales have really started to pick up!

60k in a month means that Vita did around 15k a week only in USA (better than PS3)! :)

Around the Network

While it would be great if it's found a much better baseline in 2015 (and better still that VGC figures are massively under tracked), The firesale of PSTV stock clearly had a notable impact this month. So while I agree that on a normal month, Europe would probably be higher than the US, this is a month where the PSTV firesale has skewed the data somewhat.

I do agree however that it looks more and more likely with each set of data we get that VGC has undertracked Vita globally by a fair margin.

Someone said Europe is PlayStation land, but not specifically Vita land. I'd argue that PSP held on a lot better in Europe than the US, so there is historical precedent for this. I also get the feeling Europes Vita sales tracking is even more out than the US tracking due to the nature of the territory. There have also been appearances of Vita games in top 10s in places like Spain (while PS4/XB1 were absent) this last December suggesting it's got a better presence in some markets. Even in the UK, Vita games seemed to chart more frequently in 2014 than previous years.

I think the real answer to the puzzle probably lies in the Middle East and Asia though. Have you seen the Vita sections in stores in Dubai? Absolutely monstrous compared with what I see in the US and UK. There's also a lot more frequency in physical releases in Asia (outside Japan) than in Europe/US. Sword Art Online, Orishika etc. suggesting a greater consumption. But we get no data for these countries at all really.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Dr.Vita said:
FableHero said:
Sales have really started to pick up!

60k in a month means that Vita did around 15k a week only in USA (better than PS3)! :)

not bad in my eyes!

Dr.Vita said:

PS Vita did around 60k in February 2015 in USA alone (NPD sales), though this is the weakest market for PS VIta. (VGChartz has PS Vita at 20k, undertracked by 40k units). Europe numbers should also be around 60-70k (VGChartz has PS Vita at 18k units, undertracked by at least 42k). PS Vita should be around 120k alone in the west, +80k in Japan and +40k in rest of the world. PS Vita should have sold around 240k Global in one month (!!!). This is very good for a handheld imo!!!

What do you think?

no... it isn't. It isn't. It's bad for a gaming console let alone a handheld.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

The Vita would sell if SCEA actually bothered selling it. SCEA is the worst region, they really have treated the Vita unfairly. They neither greenlit games for it post launch, nor marketed the system or made some bundles for it. That BL2 bundle? Who thought it was a good idea to make it limited? It actually sold a lot of Vitas. SCEE has lots of bundles, sales and created games like Tearaway and KZM.

I am actually quite surprised with the NPD Vita figures, but although there is some improvement I doubt it could be long term unless some big titles are announced. Its sad because it is after all a superb hand held console. A Monster Hunter game made exclusively for it would be awesome.