By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita is starting to do good!

Anfebious said:
It's best to be brutally honest in these kind of threads.

No, the PS Vita isn't doing well. It's doing terrible.

#Team3DSdomination

it is sad but its the thruth, Vita is a dead corpse, and it does 6k weekly on the USA maybe a boost for some game get it to do 30K but thats is not the case this month so  Dr.vita your Dr. Morteus ;)

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
PxlStorm said:
60k for Europe? Don't make me laugh.

Why not? If it sells 60k only in USA, 60k will be a minimum for Europe too imo!

Europe isn't America. Maybe in size, but gaming is way more popular in America than in most parts of Europe.

PxlStorm said:
Dr.Vita said:

Why not? If it sells 60k only in USA, 60k will be a minimum for Europe too imo!

Europe isn't America. Maybe in size, but gaming is way more popular in America than in most parts of Europe.

No, that's so with Nintendo and Microsoft. Europe is a completely Playstation land.

Its all respective guys, no points repeating the obvious. Wii U and PSVita are underperformers by console standards, that will never change, we get it.

Going forward with what we expected of the system and how it performed in the past it is doing well, or at least far better then expected. Its all respective unless we're talking profit in which case  non of us know how profitable the Vita is and the PS3/360 done horribly and the gamecube was a mega success....

The simple logic regarding Europe is that 2014 PSVita sales depicted this picture

Europe > North America

Fair enough Europe could have peak early and fallen behind NA sales in 2015, but not by the margin which VGC has reported. NA and European sales should be fairly close. If NA was greatly undertracked, so was Europe.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Teriol said:

it is sad but its the thruth, Vita is a dead corpse, and it does 6k weekly on the USA maybe a boost for some game get it to do 30K but thats is not the case this month so  Dr.vita your Dr. Morteus ;)

Except the NPD numbers that Dr.Vita posted in the OP show it doing 6k weekly in the US was wrong since it actually did much higher...

Terol! Be a good boy and apologize to Dr Vita for that cruel joke! Or else mama and ka-pi are going to spank you!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

This post is interesting in that no one seems to read what other people write.. Points that keep being discussed when they were already answered.. NPD says it did 60k.. which means its undertracked by about 40k on VGC. Europe usually does much better in PS VITA sales then the US has... so his assumption that if it did 60k in the USA, it must have done that much or MORE in Europe is not out of the realm of possibility... 60k does seem like an improvement for the USA, so maybe things are looking up.

I have noticed myself that Best Buy seems to keep them in better stock then they were last year.. I will see 3 or 4 on the shelf. then they will be gone.. then they get replenished the next week. Before a few months went by and NONE of the local Best Buys have them.. and we have 5 of them.

I am guessing that most of you wont read this.. and say that is only sold 6k a week.. or couldnt have done better in Europe.. etc.. so.. anyway lol

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Dr.Vita said:
PxlStorm said:

No, that's so with Nintendo and Microsoft. Europe is a completely Playstation land.

That's true, but Playstation Land doesn't equal Vita Land. Yes, the Vita is an awesome handheld but that doesn't change it's poor sales.

Are it's sales good? No

Is it doing better than many think? Yes

Is my claim that it won't be the lowest selling gen 8 console come first week of 2016 going to hold true? Yes

Vita has china launch this month which gives it another much needed boost. Japan sales will also hold strong for another few months.

Sales have really started to pick up!