By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita is starting to do good!

Scisca said:
That's always a good sign. I know that thinking about West-oriented exclusives for Vita is naive no matter what at this point, but maybe improved sales could influence the number of ports/remakes of Western games that we're getting. I love my Vita and play it all the time, a couple of wRPGs would turn it into the perfect console for me. Sony should try to push for some more remakes and ports of PS2 and older PC games.

Agree, and even not currently having a short term sales incentive to develop western style exclusive games or pay third parties to do it, Sony is still doing PSV marketing outside of Japan totally wrong or inexistent: PSV has lots of Japanese games, and once upon a time these games sold quite well outside of Japan too, Sony could do a lot more with relatively little money, choosing the best ones still not ported outside of Japan and porting and publishing them. If PSV can currently be only niche, then pushing its growth as much as it can be done with a reasonable investment could be a good idea, and once reached a larger HW base, western devs could find it more attractive too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!