By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without Uncharted 4, what to expect now?

Well that's too bad. Ill cry over it after Ive played Bloodborne...

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
They have Ratchet and Clank If people had better different taste, that would outsell Uncharted

OT: They better have something huge to show at E3, because their holiday lineup currently looks lacking from most peoples POV.

fixed.

BraLoD said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I'm talking big AAA level games like Uncharted is.  I personally dont consider GT6 one of them

Why? GT is,the most successful Sony IP ever.

Also probably,the most famous racing franchise as well.

It's not really a big AAA game like I'm talking about. People wont go in droves to buy a system for a GT game. It only appeals to one demographic and thats racing fans. Whereas Uncharted has a broader appeal to more than just one specific demographic. Sony lost that this holiday season so far, thats why I'm wondering what title they could put in the holiday to replace a game like Uncharted that has a broad appeal

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
ZarskiSold said:

GT6 show for the first time in May released in December of same year.

Plenty games will be shown at E3 to be relased the following holidays.  

I'm talking big AAA level games like Uncharted is.  I personally dont consider GT6 one of them

Maybe not you personally, but from the market's perspective if GT7 sells like GT5 then it's a bigger AAA exclusiive than Uncharted. You can't deny GT's big AAA status just because you personally don't groove on the game. I've never owned or played a GT game in my life, but I still recognise it's AAAness (or triple anus *snort*), and indeed its prime importance in the Sony 1st party line up.

The itch GT7 can't scratch is the one that fans of action games have. So GT7, irrespective of its high standing as a PS franchise, can't directly compete for the gamer dollar against RTR and Halo like UC can.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Om gosh I forgot about the last guardian!

That could be a lifesaver for sonys lineup this year.

Other than tlg, I highly doubt any major ps4 AAA exclusive will be announced and released this year unless we see gameplay within the next month.

Sony has been dropping the ball regarding AAA games ever since launch. They need to plan better next console generation. They risk losing popularity. The only other thing Sony can do (i.e. MUST do) is make major marketing deals with at least 2 of the biggest holiday releases. MS's holiday is freakin huge at this point: Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed (why in the world did Sony drop their deal with Ubi on AC?). Tomb Raider will also be decently big. Sony needs to step up their game big time this holiday, or theyre going to lose major momentum.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Teeqoz said:
They have Ratchet and Clank If people had better different taste, that would outsell Uncharted

OT: They better have something huge to show at E3, because their holiday lineup currently looks lacking from most peoples POV.

fixed.

Of course. For it to be better it needs to be different (was the smiley not enough to illustrate my jokey mood with that first comment? Cause I wasn't serious)

Teeqoz said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

fixed.

Of course. For it to be better it needs to be different (was the smiley not enough to illustrate my jokey mood with that first comment? Cause I wasn't serious)

Sorry, its hard to tell on this site.

PS4 is selling fine (great actually) on multiplats alone. I don't think they need anything.

zero129 said:
So wait Uncharted 4 has been delayed??... Fuck it im selling my PS4 since now the really is nothing on it that i want to play that i cant play else ware. Ill be picking up an X1 this xmas ill get another PS4 next year or the year after once Uncharted releases..

I feel exactly the same way, though i would be more interested in going back to PC than X1. Besides there is a really good chance that PS4 will have hade a price cut by then, so you will probably be able to pick up a new one for the same price you sell your used ps4 now.

I also expect serious damage to PS4 sales if nothing else is announced for the holiday's during E3. But to be fair there are no exclusive IP's that they have that can match Uncharted(yes GT in popularity but it's not for the same audience).

Little Big Planet 4? The last one was so good with no problems at all