By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without Uncharted 4, what to expect now?

To be honest i know i sound now like a cooperate sonyslave but seriously bloodborne is all i need this year. Edge couldnt even finish the game in 40 hours so bloodborne is probably an 80h game.

Does it really matter not having uncharted 4? The game will probably have a 10-12h campaign and thats it and the rest you can spend time on the multiplayer which wont be as exiting like the campaign. Bloodborne on the other hand will take longer to beat than uncharted and the order together thats for sure. That should be the game sony fans should be really cheering for all along.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
binary solo said:

Maybe not you personally, but from the market's perspective if GT7 sells like GT5 then it's a bigger AAA exclusiive than Uncharted. You can't deny GT's big AAA status just because you personally don't groove on the game. I've never owned or played a GT game in my life, but I still recognise it's AAAness (or triple anus *snort*), and indeed its prime importance in the Sony 1st party line up.

The itch GT7 can't scratch is the one that fans of action games have. So GT7, irrespective of its high standing as a PS franchise, can't directly compete for the gamer dollar against RTR and Halo like UC can.

I just can't consider the GT series as big of a system seller or bigger AAA game than Uncharted and I don't even like the Uncharted series lol

Subjectively, sure. But objectively it is impossible to deny how massive a AAA franchise GT is for Sony. Even the Forza loving GT haters 100% know that GT is a big deal and an important franchise for Sony. The fact they would like to see it die forever is beside the point, in fact it somewhat reinforces the point. 

Uncharted is more important to Sony than GT as a foil against the more popular Xb exclusives, so it is there to compete for the soft market in that space. But GT has stiff competition with Forza and it is equally vital that Sony has a racing sim to keep Forza at bay, and of course to compete with PC racing sims. You might not rate the racing market, but it is an important market segment that needs AAA attention.

I do think that for 2015 in particular if you asked me whether it would be better for Sony to release Uncharted or GT7 (if they could only release one) I would say Uncharted, purely because of the line up MS is putting together for the holidays. But GT7 would be a highly acceptable alternative now that Uncharted is off the table.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheGoldenBoy said:

All I want is Persona 5. Give me that and I don't care about anything else.

Not first party, read OP.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

MoHasanie said:
I doubt they can show anything big at E3 that we haven't already seen that will also release in time for the holidays.

Aren't people expecting exactly this from MS at E3 though? MS can do it but Sony can't?

Or are people only expecting big announcements for 2016 and beyond from MS at E3?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
MoHasanie said:
I doubt they can show anything big at E3 that we haven't already seen that will also release in time for the holidays.

Aren't people expecting exactly this from MS at E3 though? MS can do it but Sony can't?

Or are people only expecting big announcements for 2016 and beyond from MS at E3?

I'm not expecting any big announcements from MS. I mean I'm sure both Sony and MS will have game announcements, but not new one's that will also release in 2015. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Dusk said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I know that. I'm saying I personally don't care as long as Persona 5 is released in the West this year.

But for the question's sake I'll say Guerrilla's new RPG will be revealed this E3 with a holiday release date.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Dusk said:

I know that. I'm saying I personally don't care as long as Persona 5 is released in the West this year.

But for the question's sake I'll say Guerrilla's new RPG will be revealed this E3 with a holiday release date.

Given Guerilla has mostly done FPS in the past if they produce an Elder Scrolls like FP RPG that will be an extremely poor substitute for UC4 from my perspective. But if they do it right and do it well then it could be a deent substitute for a lot of people.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Given Guerilla has mostly done FPS in the past if they produce an Elder Scrolls like FP RPG that will be an extremely poor substitute for UC4 from my perspective. But if they do it right and do it well then it could be a deent substitute for a lot of people.

Realistically only God of War 4 and Gran Turismo 7 can substitute Uncharted 4.

Also, I'm pretty sure Guerrilla's RPG will probably be third person. I could be wrong, but I honestly doubt they'll go first person for their RPG.

TheGoldenBoy said: