By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without Uncharted 4, what to expect now?

I remember the PS2's first year. We got GTA3, GT3, MGS2, FFX, TMB, SH2... man, what has happened? Maybe Nintendo was right after all about budgets getting too high? I don't know, but gaming is a shell of it's former self right now game wise.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I expect them to have something. Their 1st party output has been a little low so far this gen, they must have plenty of games being worked on so they just need to finish them and release them already.

Well, we do have E3 to look forward to. Let's see what Sony has in store then.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

binary solo said:
A $100 price cut.

Wow so I don't see Sony having anything releasing this holiday to counter the one two punch of Halo 5 and tomb raider. When you look at last gen exclusives only naughty dog and Gran tourismo 5 sold huge numbers.

Seriously? The massively undertracked GoW3 sold just as well or better than any ND game without even being mass bundled. LBP & MGS4 also sold over 6 million. All huge exclusives.

Sony also had a lot of big 2-4m sellers like GoW:Ascenion, Infamous, Resistance 1/2, Killzone 2/3, Heavy Rain, Ratchet & Clank: ToD, Motorstorm etc. 

Anyway, Sony needed UC4 this holiday, GoW4 is too early into production and I doubt GT7 will be ready for this year.  Seems a price cut is the most likely scenario to keep the PS4 competitive this holiday. 

They will pick a few indies and declare them AAA!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This e3 is going to be massive for PlayStation. They've got so many studios working on ps4 titles that we've seen nothing of yet,

God of War,
Everybody's Golf
GT7
Horizon
THE LAST GUARDIAN
Media Molecule's game
Sony Bend's game
Guerilla Cambridge's game
Ratchet and Clank.

We haven't seen anything for any of these titles yet!

Of course there's also the following which may release around Holiday 2015

Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Hell Blade, Until Dawn, Magicka 2, H1Z1, Everquest Next, Dungeon Defenders 2, Orcs Must Die Unchained, Guns of Icarus Online, Gang Beasts, Among the Sleep, Distance, FF7 PC PORT!!!! Tearaway Unfolded, Deep Down, Dragon Quest Heroes, No Man's Sky, Rime, The Witness, Wild, Shadow of The Beast, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Fat Princess Adventures, Rocket League, N++, Yakuza Zero, Journey, Dragons Dogma Online, Amplitude, Volume, Darkest Dungeon, Starbound, Risk of Rain, HATOFUL BOYFRIEND!!!! Planetside 2

All exclusive, timed exclusive or console exclusive to ps4.

Around the Network

THE LAST GUARDIAN.

Of course.

I consider myself to be a huge PS fanboy, but not even I can be as "optimistic" as some of you, about the rest of 2015. PS4 don't have anything to offer me for the rest of the year except some smaller exclusive indie titles & multiplats.

Xbox has SO MANY big AAA titles coming out. Same goes for Wii U.

JustThatGamer said:
binary solo said:
A $100 price cut.

Wow so I don't see Sony having anything releasing this holiday to counter the one two punch of Halo 5 and tomb raider. When you look at last gen exclusives only naughty dog and Gran tourismo 5 sold huge numbers.

Seriously? The massively undertracked GoW3 sold just as well or better than any ND game without even being mass bundled. LBP & MGS4 also sold over 6 million. All huge exclusives.

Sony also had a lot of big 2-4m sellers like GoW:Ascenion, Infamous, Resistance 1/2, Killzone 2/3, Heavy Rain, Ratchet & Clank: ToD, Motorstorm etc. 

Anyway, Sony needed UC4 this holiday, GoW4 is too early into production and I doubt GT7 will be ready for this year.  Seems a price cut is the most likely scenario to keep the PS4 competitive this holiday. 

MGS is no longer exclusive, so there is no point in talking about it. LBP has already come out and that lightning has not struck twice. I dunno about God of War. I think a lot of people are getting a bit tired of Kratos, I for one want to see someone other than Kratos pick up the mantle so I will reserve judgement. Reality is, only Uncharted could really go up against Halo and Tomb Raider. GT wouldn't even compete because it's appealing to a totally different audience, though it would sell well.

Sony should have the family market well enough covered with Tearaway at least, so they haven't given MS a completely open field. Perhaps they should look at tweaking Golden Abyss and putting that out on PS4 this holidays, all they need to do is change the touch controls enough to make them work on the touch pad. Should only take a month or two to do it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our PSN-friends and break all bonds of fellowship,

but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of Playstation comes crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day we hype!!

There's still a lot of time to announce new games for the holidays so yeah they will have something. Seriously, those who are saying they won't have something are treating this year as if it's already ending. Oh and BTW SOMA(from the ones who made Amnesia) and the game Hunger are also Ps4 exclusive games that might come this year(not saying they are big holiday games but they might attract the media's attention)