By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without Uncharted 4, what to expect now?

I'm hoping they don't drop the ball again this holiday season. Sony has been screwed over by their first parties 4 times now :

1) SSM dropping the ball with the big Sci Fi game
2) driveclub being delayed
3) the order being delayed
4) uncharted being delayed

This can't go on and considering they have an easier machine to develop games on, what's going on whereby devs can't keep to deadlines?!

I really hope Sony fork out for something either as an exclusive or timed exclusive to make up for the short fall of a big AAA this holiday season.

Around the Network

Well I hear Tembo the Badass Elepahnt is coming so I don't really understand why all the worries... :D

Ratchet and Clank is big one for me, hope show it off at E3 for Fall release this year.

New call of duty, Assassins creed, Fifa, NBA2k etc. etc.

Ps4 and xbox one arnt made for exclusives. They are just to sell all this wonderfull third party games.

Best selling ps4 and xbox one game is COD adcanved warfare with 7mio sold units on Ps4.

Ps4 owners mostly dont care for exclusives. Like little uncharted with 2-3 mio sold units.

MGS5 and FIfa16 - FIfa15 sold 4 million more units on the PS4 compared to the X1 Version not even knowing what digital numbers are missing.Its pretty much only helping Sony.The PS3 Version outsold the X360 Version too by 2 Million.Some PS3 and 360 people will get a PS4 this year probably maybe combined with a pricecut.

They sell the most on PS4 and are heavy hitters.
Probably some other stuff....Variety at the end will be the key again.There won't even be competition worldwide.
They don't need true (and rushed) exclusives if the 3rd Party games sell like they are and help only the PS4(except CoD)

Around the Network

If they already have it in development and are willing to throw a load of money at outsourcing, they should be able to have an Uncharted collection ready for the holiday. Add in a lower tier (sales wise) exclusive and a $50 price cut and their final quarter will essentially be a clone of MS's 2014 holiday. It's not likely to amaze many, but it should be 'good enough' for most (it seemed to have been for MS fans here anyway). It would certainly be infinitely better than them sitting on their thumbs and doing nothing (though they could probably get away with that lol...).

It would be great if they could get a new AAA title ready too though (a timed exclusivity deal would work). That, coupled with the other stuff i mentioned, would make for a very solid holiday.

A $100 price cut.

Wow so I don't see Sony having anything releasing this holiday to counter the one two punch of Halo 5 and tomb raider. When you look at last gen exclusives only naughty dog and Gran tourismo 5 sold huge numbers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Augen said:
Ratchet and Clank is big one for me, hope show it off at E3 for Fall release this year.

I wonder why it's taking so long for them to show anything... From the sounds of it development is moving along well, but you'd think we'd at least have some screenshots or something by now.

All aboard the E3 hype train i suppose :p

I dont expect anything from Sony, they are too comfortable with the lead

I doubt we'll see GT out this year, probably a price cut with a few unannounced titles at E3, but just imagine 2016 with VR, Uncharted, God of War, KH3, GT7.. 20 million + could be a reasonable goal if the releases are spread out enough.

OT: I think people are forgetting about Hellblade and R&C. DQ Heroes is probably a Q4 release & Persona will make it hopefully. I can see Resistance, Bend's game & TLG being announced for the holidays as well. The latter two have been in development for quite some time.