By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The order's 1886 first review 7,5/10

Well im still looking forward to playing this game.

Around the Network

Never trust the french

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't think there is a game-mechanic i hate more than QTE's. Didn't finish God of War because of them.

i like QTE's ever since i played Shinmue.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I didn't see a lot of gameplay footage for the game, but I saw a small part of one video where the main character had to open a door and there was a big prompt on the screen and I was already kinda turned off. Really unnecessary and it reminded me of Ninja Gaiden 3 in that regard.

Though 3 hours of cutscenes and 4 hours gameplay sounds a bit off. Not sure if that's really the case.

Around the Network

I feel this will be the average for the game. It will be an ok game and not bad.

I'll judge for myself though first when I get it next week(being shipped) and then I'll see if reviews that come in by then are accurate or not and form my own final opinion

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Barozi said:
I didn't see a lot of gameplay footage for the game, but I saw a small part of one video where the main character had to open a door and there was a big prompt on the screen and I was already kinda turned off. Really unnecessary and it reminded me of Ninja Gaiden 3 in that regard.

Though 3 hours of cutscenes and 4 hours gameplay sounds a bit off. Not sure if that's really the case.

so you rather the door open magically by itself and ruin the immersion?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
binary solo said:
I am ok with QTEs, and I have no issue at all with the reviewer marking the game down because of them. But I find it odd that they lump QTE and cutscenes together in terms of game time. QTEs are gameplay so should not be added to cutscenes to differentiate active vs passive time in a game. That you don't like QTEs is not a reason to equate them with cut scenes.
7hrs long is short. That's the sort of game length you come to expect from a fps that considers its principal game mode to be MP. Glad it's not the 5 hours being trolled on the internet, but still disappointing that a reviewer got through the game in 7.
7.5 is a decent score and the pros are not just about visuals.

I know lots of games where you can't sit back while watching cutscenes, because they have QTEs in them.
If this is one of the games (I don't really know) then it would make a lot of sense to include them. Obviously every other QTE that isn't part of a cutscene would hardly qualify and is next to impossible to calculate. I doubt they last very long and you'd need to write down how many times you did a QTE etc.

kowenicki said:

There is bad use of QTE's and there is the good use of QTE's

Just panning it for having QTE's would be wrong imo. But they seem to be saying they are obtrusive and clunky. 

Anyhow, "ambientation"?.... ambience?

I changed it for "Great atmosphere". That's what the review wants to say.

deskpro2k3 said:
Barozi said:

so you rather the door open magically by itself and ruin the immersion?

if it's a tutorial section of some kind then I can accept a small(!) hint at the bottom of the screen or wherever it makes sense. Obviously I would also accept a hint if you can't figure it out and stand in front of the door for a whole minute somewhere later in the game.
Other than that there's something called "a brain" which I assume every gamer has and is used to remember things like that. I mean there are 40m GTA V owners and somehow they always seem to remember what button to use to enter a vehicle without needing a big visual aid.