By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The order's 1886 first review 7,5/10

The Order's 1886 first official review gives it 15 out of 20 wich is 7.5 out of 10.

The review states the following pros and cons:

Pros:

+Great atmosphere.
+Incredible graphics
+Quick gameplay

Cons:

-Very short game (7 hours long, 3 of them being cutscenes and QTE)
-QTE everywhere
-Poor replayability
-Very bad timming because the game interrupts the gunplay with lots of QTE

Around the Network

Not as bad as a score I thought it would get after the recent negativity.

3 hours cutscenes and QTE? Well fuck...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

One of the cons established is the key reason I am not getting it. I just very much dislike QTE, they sort of take me out of the moment.

Who did the review?

Around the Network

Anything in there we don't already know?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Seems likes its a good buy for those into cinematic type games

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I once did a troll thread regarding this game bashing it because it had QTE's (mocking people who bashed Ryse for its QTE's as well). People who know me also knows that I love QTE's, and it pains me to actually see The Order being bashed for it.

Wright said:

I once did a troll thread regarding this game bashing it because it had QTE's (mocking people who bashed Ryse for its QTE's as well). People who know me also knows that I love QTE's, and it pains me to actually see The Order being bashed for it.

I like QTEs when they are used to preform epic moves that can't be done with the game controls, like in god of war, when they are an integral part of the games combat is where it becomes a bit much for me.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Who did the review?

A french magazine called JMV